Hi Everyone

marc

My name is mark and I,m from Brisbane. I have enjoyed reading your site for a long time. It seems to be used alot and has great Betta topics.I thought I,d come out of the woodwork and say a big Gidday to all. I love Siamese fighters since I was a kid, 40 years ago. But I only started breeding them a couple of years ago. At the end of last year, I constructed a fish room in the garage to house all my Betta offspring. I only have 3 breeding Pairs consisting of Blue VT,s, Red,blue crownies, and (forgive the description) another new pair of steel coloured super delta x butterfly somethings I think ? As you can see I am a novice, to the new varieties and are totally amazed with what's available... I have 60 jarred offspring with 60 on the way, with plenty of scope to experiment and expand further with Betta genetics. My present selection criteria has been if I like the colours I,ll cross them and see what happens. I Know now that their is more to it than that. regards Mark

Hi Marc - Welcome! :) The fabulous colours of bettas can really suck you in can't they? I think thats how they sink their fins into a lot of us in the beginning http://ausaqua.net/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool.gif

If you'd like to post up a couple of pics of your fish I'd love to see them & we could certainly identify your 'somethings' for you

look forward to seeing you around the boards

Lisa

Thanks for the welcome :) .. Regarding pics , I'd would sure like to find out more on those 2 new fish I bought so I will try to get images posted in the morning. I actually dug up the old containers I purchased them in, and they say that he is a butterfly, and the lass is a snakeskin HM . I just rekon they are both pleasant to look at and would be interesting to cross.

I signed in as Marc but mark is what it should be . hope this is not confusing. I have been in the fishroom today trying to get pics :rolleyes: Its quite hard to get quality shots worthy of interpretation .. I have blurry fuzzy fish through the camera and colours come out greener than they should .. The old camera is a digital Kodak and is not up to a good Macro shot .. If you know of any links on how to get those quality shots ???? Let me know regards mark

Archived