Sad Announcement

Liz40

Folks, Some of you would be aware that I had a very sick Auntie who had spent the past 3 months in hospital. Sadly she died yesterday at 11am. Her name was Joan O'Leary and she was 84 years of age. A good innings I know, but she died in a lot of pain due to cancer etc. ;) We expect the funeral to be Monday. Liz

Thanks Folks. Your wishes are greatly appreciated. :lol: She died Wednesday on her own in Mt. Olivet hospital. Her daughters had just gone home to shower and change when she decided to leave this world. Sad as she was on her own. She had a multitude of things wrong including Diabetes, Stomach Cancer with secondaries in her left arm and shoulder, Heart condition, High Blood Pressure and of all things, Gangrene. Poor thing. She fought and fought, but her body shut down as is typical with this type of thng. She was my mum's elder sister by three years. So it's pretty hard on her too. But, my mother is pretty tough and will be ok in time. Now it is just her and her younger sister, Aunty Joyce, she is 79. I have one other Aunty left on my Dad's side. Age is a terrible thing in some regards. Thanks again, Liz

Archived