I'm Getting a Fishroom!

Sarah

Either 8 or 9ft... I have a step ladder hehe. :)

I think it will be more of a "we'll work out tank arrangement once the actual room is made".

As for the wilds, not sure..... so many nice ones! Probably whatever I can get my hands on first. :)

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should check out Wild Bettas Link in waynes banners if there are any members with wilds for sale there is a trading section there when you are ready and on the eastern sea board you will have better access to them

Good luck and safe building

Cheers

les

YAY:cheer:YAY:cheer:YAY:cheer:

Are you going to count sleeps Sarah? :D I would if I where you,

I can think of some prity bad jokes to do with wood, nails and Easter

Happy building sarah and dont forget safty first on your constuction site

Cheers

les

Haha thanks Les!

Counting sleeps, not sure - isn't a SET date, just somewhere during the Easter holidays (about a month, yes?).

Would love to hear some of those pretty bad jokes, Les. Honestly, I'm sure they'd be able to top the jokes I know! *lol*blush.gif

Safety, yes of course. Although I won't be doing the building, only the photo taking. Dad's a carpenter by trade (actually he built our house), so knows what he is doing. I'll just be jumping in and taking photos. Most of the materials he's brought home from work so that's good. :)

Do you guys have a grey water tank for the garden Sarah? You could ask your dad to install a sink in your fishroom that has plumbing directly out to the garden. So many possibilities... custom built fish room. Oh and be sure to check out Joep's fishroom at bettaterritory.nl ... he heats the whole room and it's insulated. Completely stable 24degrees inside despite the Dutch winters!.... it's like a Dutch oven (or perhaps not!) *lol*

Edited by paul

Thanks for the ideas, Paul! :)

We do have a three water tanks, but due to the gum tree, we get a lot of tannins in it, even when it's filtered - I'd rather not risk it for the fish, so it is purely garden water.

As for tap/sink, there is a tap with a hose not two meters from the door will be. It's in a garden, so close for me to dump my old water.

I MUST get a test kit soon, and test the water it is currently, and then compare to the tap water from the hose. Not sure if there will be a different in hardness, etc.

Will look up Joep's fish room again, getting prepared to be amazed. As for Dutch Oven, I'll pass thank you.

Oh that's right, well it goes down onto the roof through the gutters/tiles and all that to get to the water tank - so I'm just sticking to tap water thanks.

As for starting without you, I'm getting it done as soon as I can - I will need you to set them up though, not not certain if I'll put them all in until you get here, though.

Paul, yes, sorry - I got what you meant, didn't reply directly to that. That's a good idea - but then again the garden is RIGHT next to it so it'll just be less work to just pour it onto it manually/use a hose, rather than a drain. Thanks for the idea though!

Hey sarah

Is Matt not leaving till Gym leaves. LOL sorry Mighty matt I had to do it

This guy works in to an Inn and throws three nails on the counter and says to the inn keeper "Do you think you can put me up for Easter" Yes its a carpenter Joke

Cheers

Les

• 2 weeks later...

OK, third time of typing this comment - this is the time!

The frame is all up now. Have a few last pics but I'll put them up later.

During the week the electrician is coming to put all the power cords/lighting/whatnot. Next weekend dad is going to finish the walls, put the windows and door in. Then we have to paint it.. and then the next weekend we can put all the tanks in!

So should be all up and running in two weeks. 59.gif

Just figured out roughly where all the tanks are going... can't wait!

Thanks Shadoh! :D

Very exciting!

Pic I took a few hours ago.

Kinda hard to make out (bit of a hard spot to get a full photo), but all frames for the walls up. On the side wall, closet to me you'll see two little extra bits sticking out. There, dad is going to make shelves and stick his work stuff there, seeing as I'll be taking his workbench/cupboards.

DSCN7567.jpg