I'm Getting a Fishroom!

Sarah

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zui, Indy flew into my room this morning with a beak full of cat fur... :rofl: Oops...

I had to do a water change so I collected the last amount of fry into a fry saver. They'll probably last a day or two, they always die in there. No idea why. Don't care. Stupid Angels were chasing everything around even after lights out and kept me awake for half the night. :devil:

Zui, Indy flew into my room this morning with a beak full of cat fur... :rofl: Oops...

I had to do a water change so I collected the last amount of fry into a fry saver. They'll probably last a day or two, they always die in there. No idea why. Don't care. Stupid Angels were chasing everything around even after lights out and kept me awake for half the night. :devil:

If its a net one sometimes the parets will try suck the fry out.

• 1 month later...

Bit of an update, bit messy/unorganised... but mostly cleaned everything since Matt was down... not sure how he did it, but he trashed the place. Looked like a bomb hit it. 074.gif

Barracks - empty when I took this, everybody is spawning, in other tanks, getting a waterchange/etc.

DSCN8883.jpg

DSCN8880.jpg

Labelled all the cords in the fish room the other day. All cords are now super neat and organised. :D

Easy to tell exactly what something is, without having to untangle cords/follow them carefully.

DSCN8820.jpg

Cherry Shrimp!

534513_267009476746494_1408902927_n.jpg

Thanks. I've been meaning to label my cords for a while now, just haven't gotten around to it.

Not sure, originally I wasn't allowed to have more than one tank, just escalated I guess. My parents don't mind the fish all that much, they're happy I enjoy it.

The fish room was mum's idea, she didn't like them in my room, was pretty against it.. she read something about tanks in bedrooms can disturb sleep, and mold comes, and never liked the sound (you could hear it two rooms away, well others could... I got used to it and never noticed). Also that it wasn't really a room... just a bed stuck in the corner and tanks. Long story short, I'm pretty lucky and spoilt.

Hey Sarah

Good idea with the labeling of the leads, it makes things a lot more easyer to figer out. I use one of those cable tidiers as well, you can get from the $2 shop and it realy keeps thing tidy as far as leads go. I realy like the way your fish room is evolving so keep the pics rolling

Cheers

Les

Thanks, Les.

I also tie up the slack in cords, using either rubber bands or the little ties the heaters come with for packaging.

Still have a fair amount of empty tanks, shall post more piccies once filled. Have four little ones, thinking maybe killis?

Thanks, Chi. :) I have plenty of space for the fry, even come jarring.

Quite excited things are starting to come together.

The 3ft on the far end is currently empty, female betta sorority that will be.

Going to empty the rocks out of the corner tank, don't like them there... I'll use them for the 400 L tank in my room - that's going to be for eels come the end of the year... snowflake and zebra. :D I'll get some other rocks for the corner tank, that will be a cichlid tank.

Then just little things, thinking a couple of killi tanks, and a pair of apistos in the 2ft under the barracks (Matt's idea). The tall 2ft next to that will be for growing out angels. When Matt was down, he helped plant the 4ft in the lounge room... that's home to a pair of angels, and rummy nose tetras.

Thanks for the suggestion, Lachie, but flowerhorns don't particularly appeal to me, sorry.

315434_267009670079808_7825922_n.jpg

I don't have the cichlids quite yet. Matt wants me to get them when he comes next, no worries, I've got other things to set up meanwhile. :)

Not really that worried, I have a few different aging tubs for different water (Bettas/community/axolotls), and can/will add more when needed. If you ask my parents (I would say ask Matt, but don't get him started), they'd tell you I'm quite precise and have an exact order for everything. Very small chance I'll get it mixed up.