I'm Getting a Fishroom!

Sarah

So mum doesn't really like my tanks being in my room, what with the noise, massive humidity and the smell that comes along with a bunch of tanks/cultures, she's been thinking. Also my dog refuses to come into my room now and she used to sleep at the foot of my bed, and the stepping in buckets/puddles in the morning. But I love my animals and decided to deal with all that.

So, I'm now getting built the dream - a fish room!

It will be outside under the awning, and dad just has to build the walls. On one side it will have glass panels with a sliding door. Directly next to a hose, so that will be useful for water changes.

5m x 2.5m as well! MASSIVE!!!

VERY exciting news, I'm so spoilt!

Oh I didn't meant ion it will cover where dad's work cupboards are, so already have a ton of storage space packed in and a large workbench... never underestimate benches!

Should get a comfy chair in there too, going to be spending a lot of time in there!

Edited by Sarah

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow Sarah, that's amazing! :D

Congrats and dont forget to upload plenty of photos of the build/setting up process. Also, don't forget a little space for a comfy chair or giant floor cushion so you can sit back and admire your fishroom!

HAHA! You beat me to it!

Thanks Jarrod! I will definitely be very snap happy in the building process. :)

I think I heard something about insulation, I'll double check though. Definitely a good idea.

When does this build start?

"soon, as soon as I get some time... which is soon" - dad.

SQUEE! cheer.gif

Thanks... have been pondering over the issue of heating.

Also have to think that my axolotls will be in there, so if I heat the whole room - would it be worth to have the chiller on all the time? I COULD keep the axies in my room, but would prefer to have them together... not sure..

Dad said he can insulate it, but says we're going for individual heating, as he thinks that it would be cheaper to run aquarium heaters rather than a big one, then the issue of the axolotls. Chillers suck up a fair bit of power.

Oh really? Mmm... I think 24 degrees for a prolonged amount of time isn't the best for axolotls.

'Razzi, for some reason my post didn't show - but that is awesome news! What are your plans re heating? Anything you're going to change from your current setup (I thought you had a pretty good fish room going already)?

What are your plans re heating? Anything you're going to change from your current setup (I thought you had a pretty good fish room going already)?

I'm planning to heat the whole room. The entire setup will change. But I won't hijack your thread.

Oooh, OK.

Well no need to revive this thread, no new news yet. I shall keep you all so updated with pictures you will get tired!

Matt MAY be coming down in the holidays and mum says he can help me set up the fish room, carry the tanks outside, probably paint the backs of them, refill/waterchange and scape my 3ft and 4ft tank.

Like I told him before, don't get TOO worried, we already moved the piano.