Melbourne Betta in Thailand July 2011

http://www.victoriabetta.com/m​b-in-thailand.html

Apologies for the delay, my net connection is perfectly impossible sometimes.... and there was a lot of junk to get through.

Forgive the quality of the photos, it's hard to shoot in crazy heat and humidity, when you're trying to be on a buying spree, speak Thai and stay upright!

IMG_8311.jpg

Edited by melbournebetta

LOL @ Ness... I think she got the message now!

Looks like you had an amazing time over there. It was good to have a trained set of eyes with you, as I can imagine just how easy it would be to get overwhelmed by so many beautiful fish :)

Wah, what a nice write up, Ness!

It was really exciting just to see the pics, vids and the write-ups. Can't imagine if I go there myself. Probably fainted due to all the excitement. :blink:

Thanks for sharing! Hope everything goes well and you'd have great success on breeding the ones you got! :D (Then we all can have a share of it.. :P )

I'm very grateful I got to go - something really lovely about travelling with a trajectory - on a mission - you always end up sharing your passion with complete strangers and making friends!

The last 2 days were spent in Hua Hin (tourist hell) surrounded by whities trying to get a bargain and haggling with tuk tuk drivers. Who can take you seriously when you are THAT sunburnt? Go away angry little pink man.

Funny!

I indulged in the tourist lifestyle (bowing to my travel partner's wishes) for the last 2 days - I was aimless and without much joy - but had a silly smile on my face from Preecha's gentle manner and Patsayawan's cheeky giggle.

x

Just got to read through and look at all the pictures, what an amazing trip !! the giants where stunners and its a shame to hear about the longfin giants not being very achievable.

I cant wait to see your salamander dragon they have to be my most fav colour !!

Matt - don't breed, just support the breeding industry by buying my fish !

I can't wait to see them all home safe and sound to be honest... not sure when the next shipment is coming in (undercovermatt?)

Mr Salamander would look great next to my little lavender salamander BF - ah hurry up!

yee haw.

x

Yeah Matt, my inventory at the moment is:

Pair of of HM giants (Dragon Marble)

Pair of White Dragon Salamanders

Juvi Mustard gas Blue & Yellow

Pair of Marble Coppers (photographed)

and a requested a big red HM male for ruby, we'll see what Preecha comes up with.

Still think buying from Aquabid lets you be more analytical - although you are still exposed to the same concerns about shipping, and trusting the breeder will put the right fish in a bag!

But as I said - any issues, I'd not be hesitant to speak with Preecha to crack the whip and keep everyone in line!

(;

x

Not sure when they'll get here, also not sure -exactly- what's coming....but I think there is a shipment coming in late this month, someone will let me know when they come in

(don't want to harass her too much!)

Very excited, the "barracks" eagerly await their arrival!

-Ness

Hi Ness

AMAZZZING just absalutly AMAZZZINg as I new it would be that was a world class artical you put together ther Ness thank you so much for sharing your experiance I feel a lot beter now about purchasing from AB. You said that each had there own speciality so who in your mind was the dragon guru over there?

Once again thanks AmazzzingNess

Cheers

Les

Les,

Hmmmmmmmmm well Dragons seemed to be VERY popular with most breeders- so you're in luck.

I'm always going to be looking at any of Patsayawan's fish before I look for anything else- the man is a guru, and the most highly respected breeder in the area.

I also have a lot of respect for Greatbetta's lines, he's on to something special (IMO) - but I'm only working off his AB shots, didn't meet him in person

Not sure if GB is on AB at the moment - but Patsayawan has a few here and here - more of a MG focus at the moment.

Best thing would probably be to email Preecha or Patsayawan directly: patsayawan@hotmail.com

And tell them what you want - and mention you want A grade top show quality and see if they know anyone with the types that you're after.

It's a very close-knit community, and as I said, they often each do something different, so they'll point you in the right direction.

Good Luck!

xx

The whole trip looks like it was a great experience. I think we all appreciated your effort in putting it all together for us to read. Would love to do the same.....

The one thing I loved about this forum was the willingness people shared info and helped each other. The lack of competition amongst members and even true joy in watching someone else's spawn. I think we are well on the way to a similar friendly betta breeding community.

Share the Love People.

Edited by Busman

Hi Ness

do you think he wont mind me E-Mailing him I mean he sounds like a prity busy man with all that transshipping and breeding showing and judging my god I am flat out with the house work at the moment but I have made my first AB purchase today

Cheers

Les

Les - up to you, if he's busy he just won't respond!

The next shipment is due out either Monday/Tuesday out of Thailand, so maybe if you're not sure, wait a week and ask when the "coast is clear"

In the meantime you could start a new thread and ask around here!

Bussy - Amen Brother! Sharin' the wealth, and as Jarrod said - we's all doing such different stuff, it's great to see the diversity in everyone's goals and direction!

-happiNess