Melbourne Betta in Thailand July 2011

Hi Ness

I ment to ask you what is the volume of the bottle you are holding up and at what age (stage) are they placed in them and then at what age are they moved on I know I have a lot of questions but I have a chanc at placing an order for flint glass bottles (like the ones you are holding) and they would take up less room than what I am using at the moment

Cheers

Les

Hey Les,

They pop them in there from around 2-3 months, depending on aggression, and I believe after 6-12 months they're either sold or housed in around 1-2 litres to encourage flaring and exercise.... i'd say they're around 500-800ml?

Keep in mind that it's 30+ degrees there, so heating isn't an issue - but the clever cuts on the side are a great way to do fast multiple water changes.

-Ness

Edited by melbournebetta

Thanks Ness

The bottles I can get are 750Ml so thats perfect and I can make a jig up for making the cut in the bottles its just I am using opaque plastic at the moment and glass is easier on the higene thanks Ness thats a big help

Cheers

les

Les - we want photos of you standing on 'em !

Xandi - Cheers, was an exhausting and fantastic day, I think I bored the hell out of my travelling partner that day - but Preecha's enthusiasm was so charming!

Terrified about the new shipment, here's the roll-call of what's on it's way:

Preecha - Giant HM PK F

Preecha - Red HM M (chewed) - damn!!!

Patsayawan - Salamander Dragon HM M

Patsayawan - Blue Mg HM M

Patsayawan - Salamander HM F

Patsayawan - Super Red HM F

Nonphon - Giant HM PK M

Smilebetta - Marble Copper HM M

eeeeeeeee!

Hi Ness

Thats a very impressive list you have going on there not long now till they are out of Q so I cant wait to see the Pics of them

oh and no I will not stand on Bottles its ok for you light waights but for some of us more heavier boned people well Ill just say I dont like stichess LOL

cheers

Les