Goodbye Grandpa

Yesterday saw the end of a wonderful caring soul and most will never know him for the wonderful man he was. My grandfather Fred Mozar passed on quietly in the early hours of the afternoon in the company of my grandmother, mum and dad. He was an incredibly talented man with a voice and looks to rival Elvis and ability to play a number of instruments. He also had a soft spot for animals particularly birds and cats. He suffered another stroke 1 week ago, but due to nursing home mistreatment he also suffered severe organ failure from dehydration :blush: . He was one of a kind and I’ll miss him dearly, he didn't deserve to go like this :) . Just know I'll be away for a while longer, my grandfather meant alot to me, I knew he was going a while ago and I've been with him almost every day this week (except for when I've minded the kids while mum went to see him) but nothing can prepare you for when the time finally comes.

Klara, I am sorry you lost your Grandpa :) Grandpa's are the bestest! They are so loving and sweet and they really do steal a part of your heart. Take care of yourself and you family. We are all thinking of here :blush:

I'm very sorry for your loss Klara, and my condolences to your family. It's obvious from your comments that he was a wonderful man. Life is so precious and precarious sometimes. It's always worse when you know someone is responsible (at least in part).

Oh Klara, my heart goes out to you and your family. Remember all the good times you have had with your Grandfather, and how he was surrounded by those who loved him when he left this world for one of peace and loving memories. It is always hard to lose someone we love, but know that although he may be gone, his love for you and yours for him will remain for ever. ;)

My heart goes out to you Klara, l lost my Grandfather (Pa) to a series of strokes, we were very close and l spent everyday with him for weeks until l told him it was time to go and that night he passed away quietly in his sleep. I can tell you this, everyknow and then he lets me know he is around in ways that only l would recognize, l had never really believed in that before but it has happened and l am sure your Grandfather will look over you in the same way.RIP. Steve.

Thankyou it means alot,

The funeral was beautiful John played the trumpet without a single stuff up, the school my siblings go to did a guard of honour as we passed.

For 9 1/2 years we visited the nursing home every weekend, that's how long ago he had his first stroke. In the last week we went everyday.

He meant alot to me because when both my parents were working he'd be the one to look after me, he taught me how to speak Hungarian, how to look after ducks, he made me a swing he did everything for me and for everyone else too.

He'd grow fruits, veggies and herbs for anyone that wanted them fresh and if anyone needed a gardener or pet sitter he'd be the one to do it and all for free. Not much of a fish keeper but his sister, my great auntie is a fishaholic.

Posted Image

Wasn't he handsome, he's in his Hugarian army uniform. That's my Papa, I miss him so much :blush: , I know I was so lucky to have such a special grandfather.

Archived