Snap Happy

shadoh

It's funny because I had quite a few fry with SBD when they were younger, but they came good after about a week or so. I was pretty sure Migaloo was not one of them (until now) though. None of the others have the bulge. He has no problem with buoyancy.

With caudal shapes, I would say Migaloo is more of a VT. When he is not flaring, it is more obvious. The others though I am hoping will turn out Deltas. I had always thought that selecting the female for fin form/type was an old wives tale, as genetics would suggest otherwise. I guess that you don't really know until you get in there and experiment yourself :D I guess it also depends on what the father was carying too. Keeping my fingers crossed the caudals keep branching!

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats a shame about the wonky rays, not sure what causes it :( i would of thought dorsals... dorsal fin would of grown back =O they really did a number on him!

Are you considering carding them (or are they already) ? it might help his tail heal up if hes not flaring all day

all looking stunning :D

I hadn't been planning on carding yet, but after the blow out, yes I am more than considering it. It's getting warm enough now that I can sit them in unheated jars, so that is the plan over the next couple of days :D

There is nothing left of Dorsal's dorsal to grow back (except for the 2 rays.) I guess there needs to be some remnants of the rays to re-grow.

Edited by shadoh

I don't have time to take photo's until tonight, but I just had to share that the marble gene has struck again! I've been so busy with work, I have just been dropping the food into jars and doing water changes without paying much attention to the appearance of the fry. I just had a look on my lunch break. Jeckle has lost 99% of the red in his colouring and is now a blue/white butterfly! Another fry that had white fins has the start of blue dalmation spots like Heckle and Dorsal's caudal has had some amazing growth! Just can't turn your back on this lot! :D

Most of the "cambodians" are now starting to lose their red fins and have gone sort of white with pale blue iridescence on their fins...

I finally got a chance for a Jeckle photo shoot to show the loss of the red in his fins. Little bugger won't flare, so here is the best shot of the bunch...

Jeckle2-2.jpg

Here is the white fry that just got the start of his blue dalmatian spots...

New-Dalmation.jpg

Here is Mr Lavender showing attitude+

Huh.jpg

Shame about the bent rays in his anal. His caudal keeps branching and branching...

Branching2.jpg

Dorsal saying "Oi! No more photos!!!"

What---.jpg