Snap Happy

shadoh

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A quick photoshoot before Xmas!

Heckle... Still trying how I ended up with a delta tail (shows better when he is flaring)

P4160374.jpg

Jeckle after his beating by Mr Lavender...

P4160369.jpg

Mr Lavender, looking very much like Migaloo...

P3240353.jpg

Just love this little guy. My nephew has named him Storm

P3240354.jpg

Frosty, no longer content with being white, has decided to change to blue...

P4160373.jpg

Merry Xmas everyone! If anyone replies to this tonight, I'll put up more. If not, I'll be back in a couple of days time!

They are so beautiful Shadoh!!!

The light blue still suits Frosty, the VT.

Loving Storm!

Mr. Lavender looks a lot like Migaloo, I'm guessing at what he will look like...

then Jeckle, I love Jeckle, the Eckle Twins are still my favs! :bighug:

Merry Christmas!

I told you Sarah that frosty was working on changing to royal blue to confuse you :D he just couldn't get there!

Here is Levi!

P4160370.jpg

Believe it or not, this was the black cambodian...

P4160372.jpg

Angry Angus... I love the length of his dorsal!

P4160376.jpg

This is Prince

P3240355.jpg

P3240352.jpg

I told you Sarah that frosty was working on changing to royal blue to confuse you biggrin.gif he just couldn't get there!

Do I hear I told you so, I told you so, I told you so!! ? :giggle:

Are you sure that was the black cambodian!?!?! That is such a difference!

Love them all, they are beautiful. :wub:

Another update :D Let me know if you are getting sick of the constant photos...

Has somebody played a practical joke on me? How did I end up with this coppery girl???

Coppery-Girl.jpg

They are ALWAYS looking up for the next feed!

Feed-Me.jpg

The white bands on Edge's fins are getting bigger. He might make it to full Butterfly :D

Edge.jpg

I call this one Bruiser, as he is black and blue *lol*

Bruiser.jpg

My patriotic girl. I will keep her to breed with Dorsal or another similar coloured male

Aussie-Girl.jpg

Let me know if you are getting sick of the constant photos...

Why would you think that? If anything, MORE photos! :P

Oooh! Love the copper girl!

Cute how they look up, Carnation constantly does that now.. or maybe he is looking at the nest.. either way. ;)

Edge's BF is going to be excellent! I really like how the blue goes to the white in the rays at the edge of his caudal.

Brusier! *lol* Great name.. black & blue with a stomach as big as his head. :fun: Never mind, I like his dorsal, something about it, but I'm not sure what...

Nice girly, she'll do well for dorsal. :)

Hmm... More photos? ...OK!!!

Here is proof that not all my fish have "perfect" finnage. This is Chunk. Named because of the chunk that was taken out of his caudal.

Chunk.jpg

Pretty marble girl

Marble-Girl.jpg

Love the bright contrasting colours on this multi...

Primary.jpg

Yeah, Chunk's fins will grow back. They have to have the rays chewed off all the way at the base like Dorsal for them not to re-grow. The smoky black colour on his fins is new growth that has appeared during the week.

The marble girl reminds me a bit of her mum (or at least one of Pam's many looks), I hope she stays that way.

Some new photos for the new year...

Anyone remember Tigger, the red and black striped fry? He has changed into a butterfly. I don't like the overly long anal fin most of this lot have. Hopefully once their caudals grow out, it will balance things out...

l.jpg

This little girl thinks she is a clownfish...

c.jpg

Inky. She is definitely a potential breeder...

d.jpg

A beautiful Cambodian girl...

e.jpg

A nice marble girl...

f.jpg

I REMEMBER TIGGER!!!! Hello there! My you have changed!

Inky is on my list of favs (long list :P ) He is so beautiful, you should defiantly breed him! Any girls like Inky?

Nice cambodian girl.. I can't recall seeing her in the photo shot yet. Always good to make new friends. :)

:D The cambo girl is in the main tank. she kept pushing her way in front of the lens when I was taking photos of the others. I guess she wanted her photo taken, as as soon as I had snapped a couple of shots, she swam away to the others :D

Inky is a girl, so I was thinking of breeding her with Heckle (blue/white dalmatian)or Jeckle (blue/white BF)

Heres another girl you haven't seen before. I call her Mo, as she has a black line running across her top lip...

g.jpg

This one has similar colouring to Dorsal

i.jpg

Speak of the devil... Here is Dorsal...

n.jpg

The female from yesterday that I want to pair with him

m.jpg

Edge...

k.jpg

Funny little Cambodian Girl! *lol*

Right.. sorry Inky! Now I look back, the photo is obvious and you said -

She is definitely a potential breeder...
DUH!

You know I love Heckle & Jeckle, always have since they were first found side by side... to pair one of them with Inky will have... STUNNING ... fry. I hope you get a pairing which are like the Eckle Twins. :love:

Pretty spotty girl! Another beautiful pairing! There are endless strains from this spawn... :D

Edit: Heckle has a capital "H" Sorry boy. :(

Edited by Sarah

I am so happy that I ended up with 1 fish (Inky) that looks like Pam (one of her many looks anyway :P)

t.jpg

It took over an hour to net Tigger. I now think "he" is a "she". The fins suggest male, but the egg spot and behavior say female...

q.jpg

Spotted this nice turquoise girl...

r.jpg

A nice multi-colour marble girl...

s.jpg

Edited by shadoh

The first female you shown (January 1st) has a funny little cellophane tip in her caudal!

The small heads look a bit funny, but also cute in a way too. :)

I hope that boy gets yellow and sticks with it. Oh, and a nice yellow girl too. :D

Yes, Inky does remind me of Pam. He is such a beautiful colour! :love:

Naughty Tigger! Glad you caught her(?). Little mystery fry. :giggle:

The turquoise girl is very pretty. Shimmery!

I like the marble patches on the last multi girl.

Will they all end up completely marbled?

It's funny, most of the royal blue females (about 90%) are marbling, but the royal blue boys are staying solid. No idea why that could be...

I have a few females with the cellophane tip on any or all of their fins. at first glance, I freaked out thinking they had all been fighting and were missing huge chunks of their fins :D

The last marble girl has marbled more in a couple of days and now has some white patches on her body.

Going to jar up another 10 - 15 after I do tis afternoons water change. Will post some more pics once that is done. Plenty of marbled fish that haven't been photographed before... Will also remember to take one of Tigger, who has lost his/her deep red colouring since being jarred :blink:

Just finished jarring another 10 fry. I gotta drink more soda water fast!

Here is a pic of Tigger. I noticed yesterday that his (yes, today I think it's a boy...) red was fading. Today it has faded to a pale pink and has just about gone. He looks like a different fish...

a-1.jpg

Some of the newly jarred fry...

h-1.jpg

g-1.jpg

b-1.jpg

c-1.jpg