Snap Happy

shadoh

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, they are in their new home (well, the 10 biggest fry are...) Migaloo loves it and started building a nest as soon as he saw a floating leaf in his section.

Migaloo and his new friend..

Migaloo2-1.jpg

Migaloo...

Migaloo-1.jpg

My faux crowntail, Heckle

Heckle-2.jpg

Angus is still angry with the world...

Angus2.jpg

Well, hello there! Frosty comes over for his close up...

Frosty-1.jpg

If you want more, post a comment so I am able to put more up...

I can't believe Migaloo's friend! That is just way too adorable! :love:

They are lovely as always Shadoh. :drool: CT Heckle nearly had me fooled for a second there.. he is absolutely stunning! How is Jeckle?

Angus has such lovely colours! Does he have a sister named Julia?

Frosty such a pretty white.

This comment goes without saying for more pictures, of coarse. ;)

Edited by Sarah

So pretty..

Jeckle is quite the looker I must say!

Little Levi losing the denim look. But still a pretty boy of coarse!

Zeus.. don't recall seeing him around. As always very nice.

Mr. Lavender is beautiful! Lavender and other purples are my favourite colour.

Not musical? What do you mean? Blob blob, swish swish.. :P

Zeus is part of the blue boy gang. The royal blues are starting to sprout, so you will see plenty of them in the coming weeks. I am not sure what Levi will turn out as. this time a couple of weeks ago I was confident that he would be a Jeckle clone. I'm not sure now. I have a feeling that Mr Lavender will mature to look a bit like Migaloo (there... I have gone and jinxed it now! :P)

Levi

Levi2.jpg

Angry Angus (he is ALWAYS flaring!)

Angus-1.jpg

Harvey is getting jelous and wants some attention...

Harvey.jpg

They were born September 16. Exactly 3 months ago! :D

I have to say I love Angus. Photos just don't seem to capture the bright blue and the contrasting bright red. About 1/3 of the spawn look like him. I have a beautiful Clean royal blue female with a full mask I hope to breed at some stage. Just waiting to find out if any of the other clean royal blues turn out male...

We may have to do a swap of some fry. I really want to mix it up a bit after watching your spawn. Not complaining, as beautiful as my fish are, all fry look the same. Ya or not, I don't know. Just want to get a bit of varity. Do you have a female ct with those colours?

He is so cute!

I wouldn't have him on black though... heavy shedders. We once had a black dog bed for my Cavoodle (never sheds AT ALL) and then Oscar the Jack Russell (we think he is a cross with a Foxxie too) claimed it and it just turned out white. I will not say anything about our clothes, lounge, floor and everything and anything. I'm so happy Smiley doesn't shed, it is such a pain. :((

@ Busman, I don't have any CTs at the moment. I guess you could always look for a female marble CT or cross one of my marble girls (or boys) with one of your CTs. The only problem with the second option is that you would end up with combtails and would take a couple more generations to get the CT back. I'd be happy to do a swap at some stage :D

@ Sarah, if I had 2 clean Royal blues I'd have with 50% Royal Blue, 25% Steel Blue and 25% Turquoise... then the marble gene would kick in and I'd end up with some of these changing into cellophanes, whites, butterflies and marble patterned fry... The main reason I'd try 2 clean blues is to remove red wash (and the clean ones have a full, or near full mask :D) The different tail types I'd get too would be interesting

@ Neffy, The Harvey fish is most desirable. Unfortunately, he knows it! *lol*

@ Sarah, I know what you mean about the dark coloured chair being a dog fur magnet. I also cannot wear black. Thankfully it has been 20 years since I was a goth *lol*

Thanks for that! Interesting.. That would be another amazing spawn. Good luck finding the perfect pair of royal blues!

If there was only some way to give them like a treat and stop those dogs shedding. I mean - Oscar doesn't come into my room at all (the hair thing, last time he was in he threw up on my bed and all over me). I always make sure my hands are clean before dealing with my fish - but somehow his fur manages to find it's way INTO my tanks WITH THE LIDS ON!!! :((

Anyway, my little off-topic rant is over, so back onto your Jewel Box Fry!

Some more photos from today:

This guy has white banding around the edges of his fins. Hence the name, Edge. All the royal blue boys seem to be more agro than the others...

Stripe4.jpg

This is Inky...

Maid1.jpg

This boy doesn't have a name yet. I've only just noticed him. I swear he didn't have this much colour in his caudal until a couple of days ago...

Libertine2.jpg

I love the pale blue iridescence on this marble...

Streak1.jpg

Boo1.jpg

Thanks for the update Shadoh. :D

LOVE Edge 's little BF pattern, that is sooo cute! Why do you think the royals are more aggressive? Could they be jealous of the other pattens.. or just mean?

Little Inky doesn't seem so splotchy now, but still Inky enough. I really like the blue bits on him. :)

Could that be the new Mr. Lavender, and Migs out of the spawn? Ooohhh.. I cannot wait to see how this one turns out! :drool:

The pale iridescence is gorgeous! I adore that one! Pretty interesting how their are three little bands on his caudal.

Is the last one trying to be like Paul's fish? I tried to get a photo of one of my like Paul's.. came out all funny. He did have a piebald face though.

Thanks Sarah. The last one was more interested in checking out the camera lens than posing side on for me, so I had to do a front on shot!

Here are a couple more...

Dorsal...

Dorsal2.jpg

Dorsal3.jpg

Another young multicolour...

Frodo1.jpg

Edge. He has no red on him at all, so I think I will breed him with Jewel (the clean royal blue girl)

Stripe1.jpg

Inky

Maid2.jpg

Good thing is that he (Dorsal) is happy and healthy now. I'll probably give him a chance to breed and pass on those beautiful vivid colours. Don't know if his injuries have anything to do with it, but he is taking forever growing his caudal...

Well that really is the main thing. Like you said, as long as he is happy & healthy, that is all that matters.

I think his fry would be beautiful! He has such a lovely combination of colours.

Don't know if his injuries have anything to do with it, but he is taking forever growing his caudal

Maybe it does.. could it be that his little body is using its energy to heal, rather than grow? Experts say that the common cold will delay a child's growth for the duration of the cold. This is true for humans, could it be true for Bettas?