Snap Happy

shadoh

What a difference a day makes. I have spotted 4 definite females (one of which is a beautiful clean royal blue with a black head), 3 more marbled fish and an interesting looking pastel blue/cellophane fin butterfly. I've put the camera battery into the charger and will try to get some pics tonight. If not, it'll be the weekend before I get a chance. I have the boss coming over to work with me on a new project the next couple of days - I work from home, so I won't have time to play :(

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 days later, and Heckle and Jeckle's colours have intensified and some fin growth. THey are getting agro at one another. Looks like I jarred them at the right time...

Heckle-and-Jeckle.jpg

Heckle

Heckle1.jpg

Jeckle

Jeckle1.jpg

Dorsal, the poor victim of Heckle and Jeckle's tag team killing spree. I LOVE the colours in his tail...

Dorsal.jpg

Remember the nice looking royal blue marble female from the last lot of pics?

Boyle1.jpg

More to come...

That was the blue marble girl!?! :eek:

Good you jarred Heckle & Jeckle.. seems they think loving eachother is baby-fry stuff. Too bad Bettas fight.

I would love having a tank full of males.. at least we can still have females.

They are so pretty! Always love the sparkles.. and the poor dorsal-less fry - tail colours = :drool: I feel sad for him.. poor little guy.

Jeckle looks like he's showing some nice form there - dorsal/anal symmetry. What's the little squiggly bit at the tip of his anal fin though ( it looks like a little grindal worm playing hide and seek!)? Love how you fry are sprouting shadoh, and every time you post I get just a little more jealous! Lol.

I think the marble thing would do my head in though... You get excited about one colour, the bam (just like the cleaning product) it's all clear and white!

It's funny watching the marble gene marching through this spawn. Every day I notice what I think is a new fish, then I realise oh, that's the turquoise fish I was looking at yesterday! It's sad that Dorsal no longer has his dorsal fin. It doesn't seem to be a problem for him. Actually, I think I will have to jar him soon, as I noticed him flaring last night.

And, yes, that was the marble girl. Amazing, huh? I've just been dropping food into the tank and doing water changes the last couple of days and not paying any attention to individual fish. So it was a shock to see her last night. At first I didn't know where this strange fish came from. I thought my beautiful girl had been fishnapped and replaced by a bad imposter *lol*

Paul, even the fry that marble out to cellophane keep either a pinky or pastel blue iridescence on them, so not too worried. Besides, I haven't given up that some may colour up again :D

Last night was the first time I think I cursed the marble gene, but soon got over it. I have healthy fry, so that's gotta count for something.

Huh, I guess we all want what we haven't got. I am jealous of some of your orange fry :lol: :embarrass:

The "blue marble" female has lost the last of the colour from her body/fins. She is now looking 100% cellophane. A couple more of the nice royal blue fish are starting to marble as well :(

Mirrhi has started to sprout and I am now 99% sure she is really a he. I'll have to sit in front of the tank tonight and see if I have another potential female for Migaloo...

Not yet Sarah. The fry with names surprisingly are the only ones who are not changing. The rest have different colours/patterns by the day. Each morning I can't wait to see what new developments have been made overnight!

Website has come to a temporary standstill. I'm waiting until I have fish to sell before putting it up, as it is the purpose of making it.

Too bad. If you find any Bettas you want to stay put colourwise - name it. :P

That's a good idea to the website! Would you be willing to ship to Sydney? I'm sure I'll find some lovely Bettas of yours I'll be proud to own. :love:

I can link it to mine if you like, though it doesn't really get any Australian hits, but many from different countries. Not that shipping goes there.

What website are you going to use? What I mean is what (whats the word) is the website that hosts it.. for example, I use blogger, yes a blog, but it is free & works.

Some use freewebs, etc, etc..

Good idea with the naming the bettas I want to stay the same! Still got to find a host for the website, there are a few cheap ones out there. I also want to have my own domain name eg: www.shadohbettas.com (Don't click on the link - it doesn't exist....yet)

I'll be putting some new photos up sometime after my lunch break today if you want to look :)

Cool, thanks. :)

Yeah, there are so many out there. Some are pricey too, especially if it is for a business.

Many websites can change the domain name from the excising. Even blogger, so if that can do it I'm sure you can do it with anything. Just checked with the blogger - costs $10 a year. I think it depends on which site you use, but don't ask me, I'm no expert. <_<

I use godaddy i have to pay for the name of my domain then i have to pay again for the storage space i think its cheap tho i didnt really know what to compare too haha. So let me know what you find it could be a better option.

Joan uses Webs.com says it's free, I don't really know much about it. Most sites are free, but usually you get premium services to get extras.. which you may want.

So many choices. Anyways, good luck, and make sure to post the link so we can look at it when it is up and running. :D

no its not fish related its my portfolio that i used to send off job applications, there are alot of free places but they will list adds on your website and you dont get an exact name you want to it might be something like www.Neffyfish/freewebs.com instead of what you want www.neffyfish.com

Edited by Neffy

A few photos from today....

Migaloo - his rate of growth seems to be slowing now:

Migaloo1.jpg

Heckle - Loving his spots!:

Heckle1-1.jpg

"Blue Marble" Girl - hard to believe she was a solid royal blue not too long ago:

Girl1.jpg

Jeckle - Got a few like this. In person the blue in his fins looks like stone washed denim:

Jeckle1-1.jpg

Lavender boy - A nice purply colour! :

Lavender.jpg

Edited by shadoh