Snap Happy

shadoh

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't... type.. breaking.. up.. too.. wet... :giggle: Nah, just lean back! :P

Heckle & Jeckle have always been my favourites, I knew they were special. :) But yes, Heckle does look like one of a kind. He has a name, so he should be safe.. for now.

I was also thinking of turning this one into a card! Great minds think alike!!!

Exactly. :P

For my Christmas photo, I took close to 50 of them. New camera you know.. need to work settings..different light.. should I have flash, no flash..Strawberry & Cream then turns away.. etc. Yeah, you know, it can be pretty frustrating! I got a really good one, but cut out the little stocking.. had to figure out what light I used! Meaning - start all over. :huh: I hope you had better luck then I did.

I think you should make them into cards. Then sell them. I would buy one.. then I would frame it. ^_^ Hey, wouldn't it be cool if AusAqua had their own Christmas Card Company? Just a little annual thing.. then the calendar too! Pauls close up Bettas could be in that. *Plans for something very unlikely* :rolleyes:

Why unlikely? Rather than sell card and calendars and argue about where the proceeds should go, perhaps we should just donate some pictures each that users can print out themselves as cards and calenders or even use as desktop wallpaper...

I never thought of that. Why didn't I think of that? I was thinking like a production type building that makes only fish cards. Now THAT is unlikely.

I think we have a calender creator program for the computer, and also Create-a-card. They are CD-ROMS. I must look at them.. brush all that dust off. :giggle:

Jarred up a few more today. A few in the main tank have had a growth spurt.

First up, meet Angry Angus. He is angry with the world about being put in a jar and wants everyone to know it. Thankfully he doesn't have access to a phone or he'd dob me in to SFCA!

Angus.jpg

This is Frosty. A beautiful white butterfly. He used to have blue and red in his fins when I thought he was a girl and called him Mirrhi!

Frosty.jpg

This is Levi. Named because he has that same washed out denim look to his fins just like his big brother Jeckle!

Levi.jpg

And finally, Jewel. A gorgeous girl that I kept catching trying to jump into the big boys jars. Now she has one of her own and has settled down a bit :)

Jewel.jpg

I do like the colours on Angry Angus. Looks like he is pouting a bit in the picture. :giggle:

Frosty is gorgeous! I love how the BF pattern goes out into the outer rays. I would've never picked him as Mirrhi! :o The joys of marbles.

Levi looks a bit purplish.. very nice. :yes:

Jewel from the Jewel Box. Hehe.. silly girl. ;) Nice colour.

Frosty was the one that you thought was a crowntail in the video. In some angles you can't see the transparent part of the fins :-)

Levi looks very similar to the way Jeckle looked when he started to colour up, so I can tell what they will look like as he grows. There are a few that look like that, which is lucky, as they are the ones all my friends and family are asking me to save for them. Oh well - first come first served *lol*

I really should stop looking at this thread! Every time I look I get all depressed that your fry are so beautiful, and mine, just half a week younger, are not even showing a hint of colour or fin growth. I have to congratulate you, Jarrod, on the fantastic work. Well done!

Thanks Paul. I guess we all want what we haven't got. I am actually envious of some of your orange fry! :D I have to admit that this spawn have exceeded my expectations. I really wasn't expecting the huge variation in colour...

Some more taken after tonights waterchange. I noticed that Heckle, Jeckle and the yet un-named lavender boy have started to develop a 4 ray split in their tails compared to Migaloo's 2 ray split. Can't wait to see how they develop further. I have noticed that a few of the fry have deformed/broken rays in their anal fins. Not sure what caused that or even if it is genetic and would be passed on...

Here is Heckle. The blue spots are getting brighter now!

HeckleC.jpg

Jeckle (Note the "wonky" rays in his anal)

JeckleB.jpg

It is a real shame Dorsal won't grow his full dorsal fin back. He is a handsome fish with a beautiful tail...

Dorsal-1.jpg

Migaloo wondering why he has to pose for yet another photo shoot?

MigalooA.jpg

Striking a pose... Does anyone know what the bulge on his abdomen is? He has had it from the time he was a tiny fry...

MigalooC.jpg

That bulge is in about the spot where his swim bladder should be. Is he ok with his buoyancy? I had a pk male that had multiple medical problems and eventually developed really bad swim bladder disorder with a swollen swim bladder in this same area.

I'm really impressed at how fanned out these caudal fins have turned out! I would have expected much narrower veiltail types (more like their father's) rather than the big delta/super deltas that you have. I guess, as they say, selecting the female for good form really is more important for getting better fin form in the fry!