My fish room

Ok, with inspiration from sarah's thread and an expansion to my DIY Betta Barracks I decided to start this thread to show my room as a whole :) I was only goin to focus on the barracks at 1st until i came across a great deal. 20 x 2 foot tanks on a HEAVY metal stand all filters included and even got a bonus 20 female fighters for $400 :)

My room before..

2012-03-22204719.jpg

The 20 tanks in there waiting to be cleaned with the light fixtures...

2012-05-01102358.jpg

And the Big :censor: stand before sanding and painting it..

2012-05-01090612.jpg

2012-05-01090620.jpg

I've sanded back a bit of the stand today and will continue tomorrow, its ALOT bigger than it looks in the picture, will take me a few days just to sand it back properly :eek:

Edited by betta_splendors

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks guys, i'll post up some pics prob tomorrow of my progress on the stand.. took ALL day yesterday to sand just the bottom bar <_< and i'm gonna have to find someone with an oxy torch or sumthin to cut it in half.. its waaay too heavy lol. need 5 or 6 people to lift it without busting a gut.. Its made of pure galvanized steel :)

betta grow out tanks :) thats just half of my planned set up.. that will make up the 1 wall of the room in the pictures.. I still want to put tanks and barracks under my house after the room is complete too, but thats a bit down the track yet as i'll have to insulate down there 1st :) cant wait to get this set up though :)

HUGE Just HUGE:drool: I hope it is all smoth saling, Just take your time and do it step by step and it will all work out. I can see kilie marked on at least three of those tanks LOL. Just ley me know when your ready

Cheers

Les

Thanks Les :) It is quite big isnt it lol, its taken 3 days to sand down for re-painting and im only just past half way done haha :) I'll be sure to let you know when i'm ready for some kilies ;) one step at a time for now :) I appreciate it tho :D I still have to give the tanks a clean, clean all 9 four foot light fixtures and thats after i have finished sanding the frame, prime it with No Rust primer (Its fully galvanized steel, not dipped either.. pure) and then re-paint it.. Might have it ready to setup by the end of next week :alright:

Come on Phil, get a move on... *lol*

Great to see you are making sure you do the job right first time around. I would have been so tempted to cut corners with the prep work and would gave been left with dealing with the consequences later... I'm too impatient!

thanks :) it is gonna be wicked :) just waiting on a friend to bring his angle grinder around to cut it in half.. need to flip it and just sand off the underside (wont take long) and then onto priming it with No rust primer and No rust enamel :) I dont plan on moving it for a veerry long time if i dont have to lol. gonna paint it a nice blue i think.. :dance:

lol yes steph I agree... cute, attack trained, bullmastiff x doberman :applaud: lol his cute when he want to be and the biggest sook ever, he wouldnt move while i was takin the pic cuz he was being sooky lol.. but dont get on his cranky side haha.. but I've FINALLY got the stand cut into 3 (actually is still pretty heavy) I finished sanding it down last night, just gotta do a quick touch up this morning as i ran out of light last night. I'll take some pics when i go down stairs :) Todays plan is to paint on the No Rust primer and should also get the No Rust enamel on today as well, ready to be painted tomorrow (already have the blue spray paint). Getting there but still some way to go yet :)

Do you really need the spray paint? I would have thought that the No Rust enamel would have been fine as a top coat...

Looking great mate :D Can't wait to see it all set up in the fishroom with the tanks :D