My fish room

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yer jarrod you are right, the enamel will be my top coat for the frame, but the spray paint for the boards the tanks sit on ;)

This is what color the enamel is..

Paintedstand.jpg

paintedstand2.jpg

I have only done that 1 piece with the enamel, missed a few spots on it but needs a 2nd coat anyway :) just finished painting the last piece with the primer this morning because i ran out yesterday (bought more this morning), hoping a friend will be coming over this arvo to help get it done quicker :)

LOL I'm enjoying painting it :) it was sanding it back that sucked <_< I've almost finished the painting now. I've given 1/3 it's second (and final) coat of the enamel and got about 3 bars on the last piece to finish it's first coat.. be totally finished painting tomorrow :D wont be getting the steel bars to re-assemble it until next week but until then i've got the boards to clean up and spray paint :)

Hi bettasplendors, just caught up with all the work you're carrying out on this project... massive! Looks like it's coming along well too.

Just a little puzzled by the way you've cut it up. Why did you stagger the ends? Is there a plan to join it back together somehow?

Paul- lol thankyou, it is huge but its goin very well, have it all painted now (except some boards the tanks sit on, ran out of spray paint lol) and started cleaning up the tanks and light fixtures. The plan is to get smaller pieces of dura-gal tubes and bolt them inside the tubes on the stand, then when i come to putting it back together it'll be a matter of just slipping the tubes in and bolting it up, I staggered the cuts so it doesnt have any chance of bending the joiners under the weight of all the tanks, kinda distributing the weight :)

Razzi- The stand fits perfectly along one of the walls in the room so i wanted it to still be 1 piece, however, i needed 5-6 people to lift it and also it was too hard to move and flip around to sand down and re-paint.. plus it was too hard to get through the door due to some hedges just outside the door, so i cut it up :) i'm not going to weld it back together because when i want to move it again, i will just have to undo a few bolts and slip it apart ;)

Edited by betta_splendors

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

lol thanks les :) it be all ready to christen now! (I dont drink tho haha) I've got all the lights screwed in, all the boards on and all of the tanks sitting in their appropriate spot (except 1 or 2, ran out of foam for under neath the tanks lol). My beautiful girlfriend went out and surprised me with a 4 bay fighter tank with heater and sponge filter in the back :) GOD I LOVE HER lol. I've gotta drop my lil man to his friends and then i'll take some pics and upload them :D :dance:

lol she understands my love for the hobby and supports me :) she's definately a real gem.. besides she actually hasn't really got an interest in fish but still willing to drive 2.5 hours to brissy and back for the betta australis meeting lol <3 i can say i found the perfect girl :D

My wife thinks your missus is insane. Lmao. She tolerates it but does not encourage it. :-)

I would actually be a bit scared if she loved them as well. I could see us living in one big fish tank. Lol

LOL Shh don't tell her that lol, I have told her that the room is just step one.. step two is building in downstairs and step three is building a shed down the back on a cement slab that's already there :lol: but here are some pics :)

IMAG00012.jpg

IMAG00032.jpg

And the tank by beautiful (but apparently a little insane B-) ) girlfriend got me

IMAG00053.jpg

IMAG00042.jpg

Edited by betta_splendors

Was this all running on one system? Did you get all the plumbing with it? If not, what are your plans for filtration? Heating?

Man, I would love to be in your position, looking at all those tanks and thinking what to put in them. The possibilities. :-). Can't wait for you to start stocking them.

ok i took pics to help explain.. I have tubeing along the back (hard to take pics of cuz i did a damn good job lol) that feeds airlines into each tank.. i got those air operated sponge filters and an air pump (pictured below sorry for bad quality but only have my video cam to take pics) that runs the whole lot.. i will still need to siphon the bottoms and do w/c but still not too bad.

IMAG0010.jpg

IMAG00082.jpg

IMAG0011.jpg

IMAG0016.jpg

I do have lids for what i can guess to be all the tanks too.. I cant wait to start filling them ;)