My Sorority Tank

jha

Hi guys,I'd just like to share some shots I took of my betta soroity tank.I have in it all types of betta females. It might look like things about to get heavy in there but they all get along fine,though at times I have seen some of them engage in 'mock'flares with each other,injuries are seldom and rare.Please excuse the dirty glass.

xcel3di105.jpg

xcel3di115.jpg

xcel3di106.jpg

xcel3di113.jpg

All comments welcome

cheers

Seeing a tank of females like this always makes me want to start up my own sorority.

When you consider what gets passed off in your LFS as female Betta's it is no wonder most people want males.

Thanks everyone,the tank in the pic is approx 55cm long 25cm width 25cm high and I have around 22 female bettas in it.I think because there is so many fish,it helps reduce aggression and any action goin on in this tank is very 'short lived' or interrupted almost instantly.The plants also make good refuge and hiding places if one was getting chashed or picked on in there.

cheers

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks guys,your comments are appreciated.

love the pics Jim, I found the more girls the easyer they get along a bit like chooks the tensions are spread out but few true conflics accure. you truly do have some fine looking girls there

Cheers

Les

Agree with you Les,I think the more you have the easier it is,they are very entertaining to watch.

cheers