Banana, My Axolotl

Sarah

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The little 'lotls are now eating their earthworms happily! They do still get fed frozen bloodworms and sometimes live blackworms.

These were taken just before a waterchange, so please excuse the mucky tank.

Lindo -

Hambriento -

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Jarrod!

Haha, even mum is starting to warm to them.. as in a "they look kinda cute, you know in a smiley sort of fish wayy... waiit... no no no - AMPHIBIAN way". She sometimes calls them fish acidently, but corrects herself before I can say not fish, amphibian/salamander. :)

Yes, Feliz is in with the big kids now - and loving it. He is currently hanging out in the tall plants.

Banana & Feliz! :wub:

AxiesandSinalei007.jpg

I love Banana's distinctive face - it's not like any of the other axolotls!

Banana from behind -

AxiesandSinalei003.jpg

AxiesandSinalei001.jpg

Couldn't get a good photo from this angle, but Banana, Feliz and Tenedor all together. At one point, they all had their noses touching!

AxiesandSinalei025.jpg

Feliz

AxiesandSinalei028.jpg

Hehe, as always, love it. :D

Feliz -

AxiesandSinalei030.jpg

These are Tenedor's gills. An old photo, so her gills are "fluffier" now.

FishtankandScarlett015.jpg

If you remember, her name is Spanish for "fork", as when I got her, she had a distinct fork in her middle right gill.

After she got fungus, all the right side of her gills were eaten away by it - now it's grown back, it grew with only a faint fork. Like I said though, it's since filled out even more - and her fork is no longer noticeable.

So sad news, my brother said to change her name - but Tenedor's name no longer indicates at the fork she has, but the fork she had.

Thanks Fist.

Like Matt said, axolotls are the only legal salamanders in Australia. This is because we use them for medical research.

Although, I do love all animals, especially amphibians, reptiles and fish.

As for needing a rich husband.. I've heard this many times, by both friends, parents, other family and well.. everyone.. how many times I've heard I should go on The Farmer Wants a Wife I've lost track...