Green Mask OHM

Phil

• 1 month later...

Well... i got this fish. Happy and not happy. He is a really beautiful shade of green, not bluish as in the picture, which is nice as he matches the breeder female perfectly. He has lost his Bf patternd, and CHEWed his tail! Still a great fish other than the bf loss and chewed tail, he is a good size and has a really strong, strait edged caudal. Atleast i wont feel bad breeding him since his fins are already damaged.

• 4 weeks later...

Just thinking about it, i think it is the same fish judging by finnage folds on the tail (well what is identifyable lol) Being that he lost his BF pattern, it may be possible he has a marble gene, since, he was green when i got him and now he seems like a steelish colour. Does anyone know if fish can change colour gradually with marble in them?

well they can gain and lose colour, but I imagine if they are one shade of blue/turq, they can't change to another, as that part of the colour layer is full of whatever shade of blue the are. But what about blue and green? Can they have both in their phenotype, (although evident at different times due to the action of the marble gene)? What an interesting question.

Archived