A Sad Day

najrick

Well it's a sad day in our house today. 2 of our favourite old boys passed on. :D First there was Lager, he's our Marble CT boy we got about 18 months ago from a road trip by Abbey, Lisa and Phil. I really don't know how old he was when we got him but he was a big boy when he turned up. He was a great dad and gave us some lovely marble CT's, which we have since spawned so I guess you could say that this boy was a grandad as well and his extended family continues on. :D Several months ago he lost an eye through some disease or tumour. He recovered from that to become our one eye pirate --- Aaaargh, where's me buccaneers. :D Lager was PTS today with a very advanced case of dropsy. The other boy I lost today was my first ever DT "Druss". A lot of the older members will remember that Turquoise spawn from Sharon (sharkey) that she had for sale about 2 years ago. Well this was one of her boys and our first quality betta. He was a real character and one of my all time favourite fish. His health has been going down hill for a while now, but today he could barely swim and was just making it to the surface to breath and that often required a prod from us to get him to do that. He was also PTS today. :( The funny thing about these 2 guys is that they grew up together. We got them at similar times and they both spawned at almost the same time. They have been happily living next to each other for the last year now and I was always totally amazed at the great flaring sessions these two old fighters put on for us. Even up to a couple of weeks ago they could out last the best of the young ones. So I guess you could say that they lived together, loved together and have now died together. Good bye my 2 old warriors. :D Najina and Pat.

Sorry to here about your loss. I know how it feels as I lost my first ever and fave fighter on monday night.His name was Comet :D , and damn, still getting over it. Suspect it was old age too as he was very well developed when I got him from lfs but of course didn't know at the time. He was the one who started it all. Didn't have him that long but will never forget him.I only wish I had the chance to breed from him as he was the most amazing colour and a great character too. Number two and three are watching me at the moment so I guess I just have to look after them and the rest and make sure they all have happy lives like your two old warriors had.

I have a book thats mantions a study in the US where they are up to 7 years old still breeding- however they are in biogger tanks with forced daily exercise? Commiserations to you both Najina and Pat Deb & Step

Archived