Magic in the air.

Fletch

This is my new pair. Female won 3rd place in the recent show. The boy has blue coming through now on his fins. Was almost completely white when I bought him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkfwC4amfww&feature=youtube_gdata_player

It's been so l long since I saw a good wrap I forgot how beautiful it is. He had been very gentle, was very agro before I released her but neither fish has any damage yet.

No eggs yet but they are wrapping non stop. :-)

Let's not get ahead of ourselves, have been here before with no result (different fish though).

Don't think these guys would grow quick enough for Sept show. Just be happy to have a spawn again. :-)

Yep. They have it worked out. He gets as many as he wants and leaves the rest. While he puts that lot in the nest, she cleans up what's left. Haven't seen her put them in the nest either but not to worried. He is collecting more than enough.

:-)

Can I just admit that this is the very post I have been waiting for from you Busspants? This is fantastic!

I've had a wrapping drought too, it's frustrating fo' sho' really excited to see your updates - GOD I love a good spawn log.

I really like the colour on these two also, it's great we have someone spending some time on real cadillac crowntails.

-Ness

Thanks Ness. Does feel good to be back in the saddle (so to speak). This will be the first Splendens fry in the house for over 12 mths. Just had no luck at all. Must be honest though, had a rough 12 mths with "life", you know, the bumpy patches, and havent really put in the time or effort.

The boy didn't really rate a mention in the show but the girl scored 3rd. One of her faults was "too gravid", guess I can't argue now. Lol.

Hey Paul

The tails are in the bag. Well done with the vids my Niece and Nephew loved them even if they are die hard guppie kids:giggle: ( there Dad wont let me give them any more fish or tanks??????) I must say it has been a while since we have seen one of you CT spawns I realy hope its a big spawn and a lot of nice showables come out of it. I now feel a need to wet my own spawn tanks

Cheers

Les

Thanks Paul.

I had to remove the girl from the tank as they were flaring at each other via reflection under the divider. She is now in the barracks. :-)

The nest was destroyed by the time they finished and all the eggs were lumped together with a few bubbles.

593bc6ed.jpg

This morning we have 1/3 bubble coverage of the lid and the eggs are more evenly spread out. He is doing all the right things.

Will be keeping a very close eye on him and I will not remove him unless I see him snacking. Would very much like to do a father-with fry again.

@Les....I am over massive spawns, small spawns are my goal.

Male had a good feed of black worms in between caring for his nest. Never had a boy interested in food before but I am happy to feed him if he's hungry. Hopefully less temptation to snack on the eggs.

All good so far.