What's in Shadoh's spawn tank

shadoh

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

I have forgotten what a successful wrap looks like. I have set up 4 spawn tanks in the hopes that at least one will be successful. No photos. Didn't have time.

Spawn 1 - Champion Spawn

Male: White Dragon Giant HMPK (1st place winner at Ekka)

Female: Fancy Dragon Jumbo HM (3rd place in her class division at recent BA Show)

Spawn 2 - Metal Dragon Spawn

Male: Metallic Mustard Gas Dragon SD

Female: Blue Metallic Multi Dragon Dumbo HMPK

Spawn 3 - Copper Red cTPK Spawn

Lost the CTPK male for this female. Thankfully, I had been working on Copper Red HMPKs.

Male: Copper Red HMPK

Female: Copper Red CTPK

Spawn 4 - Orange Marble CT Spawn

Male: Orange Cambodian CT

Female: Red Marble Cambodian CT

Can't wait to see any results!

Hey Shadoh, I seriously know exactly what I'm missing ;)

Good luck with the upcoming spawns. I know you have been wanting a CTPK spawn for close to 18 months now. Can we take bets on which pair will spawn first? Can I place a bet on the pair that will never have a successful spawn? *lol*

PS: I think you'll get more comments with photos. I know I'll comment on your posts more ;)

Cheers

Shadoh

Lol... You do realize you are talking to yourself, right? And as for the photos, it didn't stop you from posting... :P

The CTPK spawn not looking promising, there are 2 other spawns that have a better chance. Perhaps this boy is too young. He seems excited to have the extra space, but nowhere near interested in the female and has staked out a hidy hole in the weed.

Best of luck with the spawns :D

Thanks guys ;)

@ Shadoh - Busman in right, you've finally flipped. I've suspected it was the case for some time now. And yes, I am sure something will breed for you.

@ Busman - Just checked on them. There are 2 tanks with big nests - the CTs and the Metallics, so will probably let them out for a run today. No activity in the CTPK tank and you know what's going on in the Giant tank.

I read your posts. However, most of the time I don't want to appear to be a stalker with no life outside of the forum, so know that I read in spirit *lol*

Since you bred her, I thought you might like to see a photo of one of the females I got from you ages ago. Sadly her sister who was my favourite female died of some kind of bacterial infection.

IMG_5470.jpg

I think you need to try some more marble HMPK spawns. I don't think there are enough around for my liking.

Yeah the other female was stunning. She ended up going orange with large sections of black over her body and she had the kind of chunky form I like in my females.

Good luck with all your proposed spawns. I simply couldn't imagine having that many pairs on the go. That's crazy even if you don't count the talking to yourself :lol:

4 setups and such a disaster I think I'll give Splendens a break for a while and wait to see what my wilds do.

First tank, my place winning "female" HM is a male HMPK with an egg spot. 2nd tank, the female jumped out of the chimney and jumped out of the spawn tank and is in a bad way. The 3rd tank, the female jumped out of the chimney and has destroyed the males finnage. The 4th tank,after a promising start, the female has chased the male away from the nest and is now defending her territory. Will separate and try again at a later date.

See this is why I like wilds. I can never be bothered with the whole spawning process of splendens. My wilds just stuff themselves, do their thing and ignore their fry until I need to move them.

I wish you could take the aggression down a notch in domesticated splendens so that their breeding habits aren't going to result in maiming and deaths. It would be so much easier if male/female pairs could be kept together in relative peace.

Sorry that none of your spawns have worked out. Hopefully your wilds do something soon. If not maybe it's time for some guppies *lol*

Getting ready to set up some new spawns this week. Think I'll give my male Black Orchid rescue a whirl. He has picked up well and is quite feisty. I'll put him with my Black Lace HMPK female and give my DIY CTPK line another go. What do I have to lose?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOxPHrcr3zg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Nice one Jarrod he is a very well put together fella. What is happening with the Black Orchid spawn? have they? or have they not? I realy like your idea of CTPK. the pics I have seen on AB have been realy enticing

Cheers

Les