What's in Shadoh's spawn tank

shadoh

They should be there. someone has a shipment that is out of quarantine. Things are a little backlogged at the moment, as she's short staffed. Try sending an email or phoning the store (don't call the mobile - she had it stolen by some lowlife)

Thanks, shall send a email, bugger bout someone stealing her mobile though.

O.o Wow she must be getting alot of emails to have an auto generated email sent right back :lol:

Edited by Nicola

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

There's a storm brewing that should hit either late tonight/tomorrow. I've still got the 2 pair from 2 weeks ago in the spawn tanks - I'll give them a water change and see if that, in combination with the storm will put them in the mood...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, it is obvious the above attempt was a failure. I put the same pair back in together a day or 2 back. The male virtually went downhill immediately (floating near top, fins clamped, loss of colour), so I pulled him out after a few hours and he perked back up. I introduced a black dragon to the black orchid girly, but by this morning, she was the same as the first male. I pulled her out and put her back in her tank and within an hour, she was back to normal. I've tested the water just in case that was an issue. All parameters are fine. So, I pulled out the dragon boy and added a new pair.

Red Copper HMPK Male (from my orange marble spawn) x Extended Red Cambodian Crowntail Female (one of Paul's (Busman)Red Rocket girlies)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0orAUitsS2o

I realise that the result will be red/blue multi cTs, but, as it will take a few generations to get good CTPK finnage, I can be selecting for colour at the same time. Hopefully, in several generations, I will get the copper colouring back. My perfect outcome would be a nicely formed CTPK with a copper body and red fins :D

A lot of work, but if it works out, you can lay claim to your own line :) If they breed, it will be the first true Brisbane Bettas spawn (1 fish Paul has bred x 1 fish I have bred)

It may take a while though. The male is young and hasn't left the females jar alone all day (so no bubblenest) Now he is hiding in a pot and playing peek-a-boo with her. Bloody show ponies!!!!!

How is your symmetrical line progressing?

No nest this morning. The male is back to making a goose of himself in front of the females jar. Looks like he is more keen than her at this stage. I've given them a big feed of mozzie wrigglers and will see how things progress throughout the day