What's in Shadoh's spawn tank

shadoh

Since I have had so many pairs in and out of the spawn tank some with success and others not, I thought I'd start this thread not only so everyone can have a look, but so I can keep track of which pair I have attempted to spawn, when and whether it was successful. Think of it as the spawn log waiting room. *lol*.

Currently in the spawn tank :

Lemon Meringue HMPKs

3595ee54.jpg

9b249094.jpg

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well this was a failure. The male refused to blow a nest. I released the female as she was ready and acting submissive towards the male when he came swimming up. I thought it may prompt the male to do something besides be a lump in the spawn tank. They proceeded slowly swimming around the tank together holding fins. I think at some stage they exchanged purity rings and that was that...

I have removed and seperated them so they won't see one another until I am ready to try them again.

Spawn tank is now ready for my mystery pair. Details will be forthcoming next week...

Since I won't be publicizing my mystery pair, I've set up the other spawn tub to distract everyone...

Introducing the Brisbane Bettas spawn...

HMPK Male bred by Shadoh

4-3.jpg

Black Orchid Female bred by Busman

11a-1.jpg

This will be our first step towards creating a CTPK line. It will be interesting to see what colours show up... The males parents look like this:

YPM2.jpg

YPF1.jpg

Thanks mate...

I let the girly out around lunchtime and after a couple of rounds of kiss chasy, the boy got serious about adding to the nest he started last night. After watching for signs of agro, I had to go out for a few hours. Just came home, male still working on nest and female patiently waiting under it. If she gets bored and tries to swim away, the male rounds her back up and brings her back. I'm hoping for some wrapping action later tonight or tomorrow morning.

No nips taken out of fins either... They are soo close to wrapping I think I'll sit here a

D watch a while before I give my two week old plaques their first water change...

I always leave a light on ( room light) as I read very early on about males getting beat up when the light was off. Sure this was Longfin though. Never had an issue myself.

I am now not game to turn the light off. Lol. Drives my wife nuts. :-)

I love the look of the green dragon girl her couler is great (my male is like her couler but my female is more blue) I cant waite to see what they will produce I wonder if many of the fry will get the spade tail?

Cheers

Les