I couldn't resist

Bec

Hi all,

This is the latest purchase from aquabid :drool: ... I hope he does not change to much before he gets here. Does anyone know what colour girl would make a good match for him? (His mum was a mustard orange and his dad was a black green). He was bred by Ttbetta, whom I have bought several fish from and is a wonderful seller to deal with :D

IMG_0160.jpg

Bec

I have the breeders permission to use the photo

Edited by Bec

He's gorgeous, one of the nicest colourest I have seen (aquabid included)!!! I wouldn't be able to resist too... Maybe a nice yellow female... I don't know any colour female is good for him at this point. I think he's so pretty that some of his genes alone will have pretty spawn!!!

Great find :applaud:

Wow, I can see why you couldn't resist! He is beautiful!!! :drool: :drool:

Well done finding him Bec! :applaud:

Maybe you could use a mustard yellow girl? Or even a black/green girl.

You have a "show case" of females don't you? What do you have with females???

I did ask the breeder for a matching sibling and he informs me that boy was the only one of that colour he produced ... bugger! :(

Looks like he's going to have a harem to pick from :love: I have a few marble girls with blue in them

BTW there is another fish behind him, looks like a salamander ... he is yellow / blue / black

Bec

Wow, amazing colour! Couple things to be aware of:

1 pairing with a fish that has red will result in red based fry, so you'll lose that yellow.

2 you may also lose black as this is a recessive trait, and depends on what kind of black you've got and pairing him off with. If he's melano you will want to pair him with melano geno female. If he's black then a black female is what you want.

I'd prob go with black yellow female to give the best chance of similar fry. :)

Bit of a mixed bag really - 1 HM pair (lavender), 1 HMPK pair (arctic sea), 1 CT male (black orchid), 1 DT VT male (blue/lavender marble), 1 VT pair (red dragon), 1 VT female (black orchid)and 1 VT female (black/red/blue multi)