Sydney road trip

Phil

Ok, so its this weekend, the other post was getting abit messy and difficult to actually see what is happening so i have started a new one. Its THIS Sunday ;) PLAN: Start at Auburn at 10am 2nd stop - H2O at Homebush 3rd stop - Ashfield Aquarium 4th stop - SLS LUNCH: Fish and chips at Maroubra We can also skip one of the stops to make sure we get to SLS before it closes at 5. Lisa, Abbey, Mango and I will be together. Jo, Di and Rhonda will be together. Would the other groups please post who is with who. And we NEED to work out what is happening with Liz aswell. Please only reply with info to do with this day. Cheers Phil ;)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Phil. As I mentioned in the other thread, please post anything else that needs to be said re the itinerary for the day here. A t this stage anything we add will only be finessing - it's too late for major changes now. If anyone has to clarify plans to get picked up from whoever they have arranged a lift with, PM is probably a better mechanism for that.

Picked up a few new fishies today :) .

Paul's deformed?/wild crossbreed?/ x-tra long bodied MGPK 'Mr Gas' which looks like he was beaten over the head with an ugly stick :) . He's a unique little fella isn't he.

Posted Image

3 of my 8 new guppies, aren't they sweet :) , some VERY nice female ones at Yagoona.

Posted Image

Also got a very beautiful red/blue female betta from Lisa, she's a bit camera shy.

Oh and just for laughs, this is Captain Jack Sparrow drinking Rum, he lives in my pirates of the Carribean themed tank :(( , his arms move!!

Posted Image

Very happy Jan :) . Great day out, loved Atlantis aquariums, I want to Port Jackson shark tank too :) . Auburn was good, but then again they seldom dissapoint when it comes to stock, those sun conures were absolutetly gorgeous :(( but at $1200 each they can keep them :) . Also some cute seal point lops and rex/siamese mice :) . Oh and the fish....where should I start....albino BN, Pacific blue eyes, rainbows, cories and fancy guppies galore, some guppies had the most spectacular tail spread, dorsals needed some work but overall very nice. Yagoona wasn't too bad either today, bit low on stock but there were some pretties amongst the ordinaries. It was great meeting everyone again...hope you didn't mind my siblings and dad comming too. Dad's thinking of starting his tank up again soon (ahem...my tank is better, even if I do say so myself :) ).

Trip was great, I sortof left the group at Atlantis. Then I went to Campsie, Strictly @ Bevelehill(*spelling) and Marine Life @ punchbowl. I got some quotes for a 72X30X30 tank...and had a browse for some Arowanas. All was great, until the baby DT gold Edie gave me didnt survive in the car, guess it got overheated :(( But hope to see some photos. I had a great day and nice to meet everyone :) Mango (Steve) :)

Archived