Sydney road trip

Phil

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I was worried about overheating too. That's why I carried mine around in a bag all day all of mine made it, although the yellow male guppy was starting to look a bit out of breath, he's OK now :(( . So sorry to hear about to loss :) , it was a really sweet little fish. Was there anything special at Punchbowl? They guy there and I get on because we both like creepy crawlies :) , you can order MW and VE from them. They had some nice guppies there last time. Strictlys is the cheepest if your looking for tanks, custom ones cost an arm and a leg so I stick with standard sizes or tanks I find at fetes.

Paul doesn't care if Mr Gas is a mongrel, I mentioned that to him in the shop that's why I showed it to you, you know more about wilds then me. Mr Gas is only going to be a pet fish anyway. Guess I'm getting used to Mr Gas he's coloring up a bit now, he's baby poo yellow with slime green, he's quite handsome believe it or not, and he's tail span isn't as bad as the pic shows, he hasn't flared yet. I've also noticed that it's mouth isn't the typical spenden shape from the front view. What do you think he's crossed with? He's a real mytery isn't he. :)

And I got the pics of my golds from Abbey :) Thanks Abb.

Talking about taking pictures without wasting much time...that's the camera I was talking about!! LOL

Here are some pics when they were in Sept :D

My C/G, I wonder where this guy is gone to now...somewhere in the barracks

Posted Image

This guy loves my ceiling so much, he would stare at it for days :D :D

Posted Image

My gold when he was younger, now he's medicated since his eye was beaten by the female. Oh..he's OHM btw, just not showing well.

Posted Image

Do these guys count as fish?

Posted Image

And because we lost mango, here is the back of his head :)

Posted Image

And a cool tank at Atlantis (OK a bit garish, but its an awesome concept!)

Posted Image

And Lisa and Liz at H2O inspecting the central reef tank

Posted Image

And A cute White Goldiedude

Posted Image

And er, a tiger shovelnose cat?? (correct name plz?)

'>

And a small selection of the tanks at Atlantis

'>

And a gar-like thing we saw on the way home to feed Lisa's horses :D

'>

:D:)

There are a few more, but i was trying not to use flash in case a billion bala sharks went nutso and caused a tsunami, so they are a tad blurry :D

but i was trying not to use flash in case a billion bala sharks went nutso and caused a tsunami

ahahahaha :D :D

Now that would be a site to see :D :D

Klara, that POTC tank sounds like a really good idea :D :D and I love the look of Mr Gas :D

That white goldie is one of the cutest ones I've seen in awhile :) :D

Oh yeah I forgot to introduce the clan. Ok After me there's Red Shirt John (he doesn't really like fish, he just come along for the maccas :D ), Doggies Jersy Paul (Mr Gas owner), Curly hair Anna (she stole my blue girly I got from Lisa :) ), Dude in the Holden shirt is dad he currently has no fish but he wants to restart his tank soon. Edie your smooshed I'm between us Grahams :D poor thing. BTW Abbey I really liked your shirt.

Bottom fish is a shortnosed gar (I think), although it has spots like an alligator gar, it from the lepisosteidae family whatever it is. How big was it? That catfish has me stumped, I thought I had it in an aquarium book but I can't find it, how awesome is that fish :) . Did you get any of the sharks?

Picked up a few new fishies today :) .

Paul's deformed?/wild crossbreed?/ x-tra long bodied MGPK 'Mr Gas' which looks like he was beaten over the head with an ugly stick :D .  He's a unique little fella isn't he.

Call me nuts, but I keep thinking smaragdina hybrid.

Mr Gas doesn't really look much like wild splendens to me, but his overall colour, shape, and fin shape look a bit like smaragdina. His operculum looks greenish too, but that might just be the pic.

What an amazing day!!! Thanks Di, Edie and Liz for making a long day sooo much fun. I'd still be laughing if I wasn't in soooo much trouble. ( so much for honesty...). What a great bunch of people and I would gladly take any of you on a Sunday sightseeing drive anytime. Di and I did 6 fish shops plus Edie's place. Thanks again Edie and all the fish are bright and fiesty this morning.

Great pics! Thanks so much for sharing!! You guys look like you were having a ball. Mind you ...with all those tanks in the background - who wouldn't!! :D That "tiger shovelnose cat?? (correct name plz?)" looks like it wants to take someones arm off! :) The photo makes it look huge! How big is it IRL?

Oo.. so nice to see everyone again! My.. edie... you look different somehow... oh wait.. just that the last image i had of you was in a micro mini, fishnets and stillettos... hmmm :) Liz! Where's mum? What a great looking bunch! Glad you guys had an awesome time

Woohoo :D You got the pic of my head :o If anyone was wondering what I was looking at...I was looking at an Arowana with no tail >.< Abby, did you manage to take any photos of the huge display tank at Atlantis? O yea, the catfish is called a Tiger Shovelnose (Pseudoplatystoma tigrinum), an illegal fish...very expensive and can grow to 42inchs...so just over 1metre. And Mouse, it was quite big in Real Life. Also the Spotted Garfish a.k.a the Florida Gar (LEPISOSTEUS PLATYRHINCUS) is also an illegal import, bout $750 a pair and can grow upto 30inchs. Both very nice fish IMO :o

Hi everyone. WOW...What a great day. Thanks to Joanne for all her hard driving. Excellent work. Thanks to Edie and Di for allowing me to 'mellow' in the back seat in the arvo. Great company and yes, we did a lot of laughing. It was so good to finally meet everyone. I had a wonderful day. :o We came back last night and endured one of the most horrible flights home ever! Talk about bumpy! Shocking turbulence. Was very surprised to see good ol Brissie was surrounded by Storms as well. Anyway, we are safe and sound and my pooches are VERY happy we are back. As for mum Mishy, she was at a dog show with my brother. One of his King Charlies got a Best of Breed. So he was feeling somewhat chuffed too. Liz

Archived