The Veil Tail Appreciation Thread

Jess

I love VT's and I know some of you out there do too ;)

I dare say the first Bettas people owned were VT's and they tickled your fancy enough to buy them, so lets see them :D

This was "Snuffy" my daughters VT (secretly he was mine) and he was divine. He lived for about 3 years.

Vt_Male2.jpg

VT_Male.jpg

I STILL To this day dunno what this was :) But has to go in here anyway as a fav!

female_plakat.jpg

May I? ;) I know I rave about my plakats, but I'm a sucker for a good VT :D Some of my favourite colours seem to only show up in VT and PK these days.

n611277602_1737197_6101.jpg

This was Gabriel. He was owned by Lilli, but I borrowed him for a project we were working on and got a lovely spawn :)

n611277602_1737189_2810.jpg

This was Ricky. Even several years on I think his colour holds up pretty well. And look, no metallic! (he was my oldest, I think he lived to just past 3)

n611277602_1759657_6062.jpg

I'm not really sure if I named this guy or not, but he was very nice. I bred him with an yellow spotted HM female and most miserably ended up with a pile of cambodian offspring. They weren't even very good cambodians :)

I'm sure I have more photos somewhere, I just have to get around to uploading them :)

This is the one that started it all for me ERIC :) He's an awesome 'little' guy - and not so little (He's HUGE compared to all the others - in body size)

IMG_2149w.jpg

this was when he was just new... and before he chewed his tail! His fins don't look nearly as long or 'full' now...

IMG_9363.jpg

IMG_9906.jpg

I'm currently looking at breeding him with Shark-bait.

IMG_2892w.jpg

Edited by Peta(&Eric)

• 2 months later...

My very first VT, Pepsi (named after the drink because he was exactly the same vibrant blue & red as the can of drink), started my obssession with them. Now, he lived in a little tank from the LFS with no filter & NO HEATER(!), & would you believe he lived for 5 & a half years! No word of a lie. I got him before I was pregnant with my first child & he passed away when my son was 4 & a half. I was starting to think he'd never go! lol He was a great fish! The best personaility ever!