Today's Pickups

y2jdaze

Well I went on a massive fishy shopping spree today... and spent way too much of course... including a lot on a couple of "HM" that the guy said they reach full HM, uncertain if he really knew what he was talking about though, but I figure even if they were massive deltas I wanted them anyways and I really could afford it this week so yeah... stupid things only half flare at the moment so I can't really tell if they are or not. either way they both pretty :D

anyways to start of with a cute little black VT, he has a couple of tears here and there.

412257.jpg

next is a CT who I think will go well with at least 3 of my girls hehe. his name is Levi.

412258.jpg

next is a green girly :D ain't she cute? now if only my stupid green boy would stop being sick...

412259.jpg

next is 2 girlys I think are from the same spawn perhaps... gorgeous!

412263.jpg

...one moment while I post

ok got those ones posted... now for the 2 "HM" boys. Both were evilly overpriced but "MEH" I just wanted cute fishies.

Not quite sure about this guy's HM status.. but I thought he was such a cutie.

412264.jpg

I'm reasonably sure that this guy would be HM if he flared fully.

412265.jpg

All comments welcome!

Ok, let me just say that I am very impressed with these fish! Is that girl gold? I'm so jealous! Are her fin edges black or red?

Love both the "HM" boys, the first HM has a nice dorsal, seems to extend pretty far up his back, that's a good thing isn't it?

yep Fae I agree :D I may just evict Demon and Trish since they aren't doing anything *rolls eyes* and they've beent here 2 weeks, she's ready but he keeps attacking her!

Beano her fins are tipped red and there's a very slight bit of green as well. she appears a very pale yellow/white/platinum kinda colour. different in differnt lights. I'd say she's a very pale shiny yellow :D

Yeah the 2nd HM boy... at 1st I wasn't really sold on him but now I think I prefer him over the other one lol. I just love his Irrid... I'd so LOVE to find a dragon girl for him... *drools at prospect*

also at the various pet shops today were 1 greeny double tail, a few double tail CTS, a dragon plakat and a black plackat (not at all the same shops) I was tempted to buy the black plakat but I'm not into plakats lol.

I am sooooooo jealous I'm going out of my mind. That green girl made me gasp. I've been doing a helluva lot of trawling websites and that's the greenest fish I've seen so far. Maybe it's just your photography skills but wow she's great. The others ain't half bad either. The gold girl is gorgeous.

Michael

going nuts

*runs off to force feed his mongrel girl*

that green CT is identicle to my girl stace!! so you can take a good bet she's a metallic :)

i love all those girls, are they from the longyard shop??? all the CTs are so impressive, and the HM's are very pretty too :)

no the girls and the ct came from the blue shop (they always seem to get awesome girls) :) the HMs came from longyard and i got the vt at furrballs.

what can i breed the green girly to? as in if i breed to this colour what will i get :)??

pretty sure the other girls are metallic too, the yellow girl is very shiny.

That black VT is awesome, never seen a black one. and the green CT girl :) no redwash either, GREAT find :)

I'd prob say try breeding on of the two girls who you think are from the same spawn to the dragon guy :lol:

and the green CT girl, to a blue or green boy, without redwash would be best, as then you'll get really nice clean colours

wow I never thought the black VT would be so popular lol :) and I've seen a couple over the years... not many but back then I wasn't attracted to black ones, the ones I saw before were in narrabri and better looking than this one!

well it looks as though I may be able to get Catman and Jade together, he seems to be improving in his health recently. I've transferred him into the spawn tank in a betta bowl so he is now heated, I figured the cold wasn't helping him overnight. I actually put him next to jade earlier today and she flared at him so I think if I can get him going she'd be interested!

I also got my red "HM" to flare today... he's just a really nice delta not really even close to HM prolly around 150-60 degrees maybe... should I go back to the store and tell them they sold him under the wrong type?

That's disappointing about the red HM. I'm going to try hard to remember to take a small mirror when I shop for bettas and see if I can get them to flare in the shop. Of course the reverse could happen. A real HM could be labelled as a delta and priced accordingly but then smart aleck me goes and get him to flare and the shopkeeper realises he should be sold at the HM price. *sigh* just can't win.

the shopkeeper doesn't have to see you do it :) and most of them wouldn't have a clue anyways.

the one I talked to and asked "are you sure he's a real halfmoon, does he have a 180 degree tail?" reckonned he was a halfmoon "because his tail touches his other fins and it looks round so he's a halfmoon" or something very similar to that.

the other one is just a delta too I'd guess since he doesn't have as much finnage as the red boy. I think I should tell them... I mean I would rather pay the right price for a real HM than have people ripped off by passing deltas off as HM to people who don't know better. and if they do know their stuff some might not be as nice about telling them as I would... *thinks*

Yeah I reckon you should tell them. Would it have been sold cheaper if they knew it was a delta? Different shops seem to take different pricing approaches. Some only raise the price for CTs. Others have different prices for PKs, HMs, VTs etc. I'm very curious about how they're priced at the wholesalers. And what thinking goes behind the pricings.

Well I went and told them about their mistake.

They readilly admitted that they had no clue what a HM is and had never seen one IRL only in some pictures.

I drew them a few diagrams to show them exactly what they should be looking for and they're going to ring their supplier 1st thing monday.

They were apologetic and they say that it makes them look stupid and that I'm not getting what I paid for and neither did they because that's what they orderred. They looked up their catalogue and "Super Delta" wasn't even in it.. though I think it did have delta.

These boys I'd class as super delta.

We may be able to refund me a portion of the price so that I'd pay what they were worth, I mean I bought them now and love them anyway so not like I could take them back... In any case the wheels are turning...

Archived