Water Aging Tubs

Jess

It's getting to the point where I need a large (200-300L) tub outside where I can age water! Has anyone got an idea of what to use or not to use? (i.e toxic plastics) I will need to get a pump to pump into the tanks too. I won't be heating it as it will be warm enough until next winter if I time the WC's in late afternoons. I think Handsfree has something similiar working.

I have plastic barrels that hold approx 180L. They were once used for bulk storage of liquid detergent. But I must say that they had been sitting empty for at least 18 months out in the weather and filled with water a lot before I got them. My parents were using them to roll the kids down the hill in their back yard.

Faewyn you should pop into your local produce agency or irrigation shop and enquire about a replacement tank for a tractor boom spray unit .these can come in small to extra large and have a screw top lid as well ..They are heavey duty plastic and should be easily plumbed in via holes to suit a submersible pump unit ... they may be a tad expensive though...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived