Gday From Adelaide

betta_aus

Gday everyone, Am very new to betta, having gotten first one as a gift last november. Recently bought a second and hope my betta collection will only expand from here. My first fighter has suffered a bit from my initial lack of knowledge but over the past couple of weeks i have spent most of my 'productive' working days signing up to betta forums and reading posts. Glad to finally have found an australian forum as i have been very keen to talk to others from here and find breeders i can purchase from in my home town. Thats me, so cheers! :)

Sorry, should have put down Ben instead of betta_aus! And in reply i have two aquarium bought fighters, the first one i have is a VT and the recently bought one is a CT coz I love the look of them! Hopefully ill be able to soon get some more, possibly a female or double tail next as i saw a couple at the aquarium. Hoping to contact a breeder down here tho soon as getting properly bred betta would be awsum. neway, thanks for the replys and welcome! :)

Hi Ben, Welcome to AusAqua :)

Recently bought a second and hope my betta collection will only expand from here.

I have a hunch your expansion will be more of an explosion.. its the way the betta hobby tends to go. :) There is just so many beautiful fish its too hard to make a decision, so you just buy them all! And then... you breed them! :welcome:

Hey there fellow Adelaideian :D:) I love Double Tails (DT's) they're a huge passion of mine. A good DT is hard to get tho :( but you just gotta keep trying :D What colours are ur bettas? My favs are the greens and blues :) well that's enough from me, Jess should be popping in soon to (she's the other Adelaideian, but she's a complete DT phobic :welcome: ) :D

Thanks for all the welcomes, In reply to Robbie, (cheers for the other welcome! :) ), your right about the DT's coz I saw a couple for sale at the lfs but they were a bit poor, tho still would have bought one if had the money! My VT is a dark blue and my CT has red fins and then a red tinged body. both are from the lfs - so far from 'show' quality, but theyre awsum anyway and i just want whatever i can get my hands on atm :) i just want betta! :welcome:

Archived