Lucky Phil

sharkey

Because I know for a fact that several prominant people are not at their computers atm I have decided to get up to a little bit of mischief. Whoever coined the phrase 'Lucky Phil' certainly hit the nail on the head. I will reveal no more at this stage but stayed tuned for a news bulletin later tonight :lol: :D

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

think - powder blue masked metallic with fantastic form. Think gold iridesence over blue (imagine it if you can). Think OHM red butterflies and blue butterflies. Also on the topic of "what Phil did on Saturday" think stroppy little plakats that got this "I don't really get the fuss about plakats" person hooked on plakats BIG time! Those things are testosterone city! Especially when they have a metallic paint job. And are MG. Or black lace with green iridesence. Think, where do i get female plakats for my new boys? LOL!

Well after todays event, i dont feel so lucky, but still do about the fish :)

Here are a few pics of some of the 'cheapo' fish (they are pretty crappy, i took these on lisas kitchen bench withought lights above!)

This is the Steel Red BF male, his fins are amazingly long and he is full 180*. Lisa has this one:

Posted Image

Posted Image

This is the red BF, his fins are also very long and lisa has him also:

Posted Image

Posted Image

We got 3 turq/green males, this is the extreme rosetail, he looks like it has been chewed off or was rotting, although it isnt infected anymore. Beautiful anal fin on him, and a great dorsal, but it isnt shown in this pic:

Posted Image

This is one of my turqs, this is the ugly one compared to the other, i got him because i thought why not, so cheap :):

Posted Image

OK, here is my guy from the bargain jar ;)

Meet Riot :thumbs:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

He is a pacifist though, wouldn't flare for love nor earthworms today *sigh* he does have a 180* spread though, when he gets riled. he was displaying to mr red rosetail up there (picture just cannot do that fish justice, so much fin and he holds it so well! :giggle:)

I have a feeling he may spend a romantic weekend at Aunty Lisa's house later on, as he is a stunning colour match for a lot of her fishies ;)

If i had more space they also had another mustard PK, slightly lighter than Lilli's, and 2 very nice yellows. Unfortunately they were "great form, shame about the colour" types. Oh, and as usual the female tank was full of PK males, including a little feisty platinum red (was that what colour he was?) and a gorgeous copper purple/red fins :) :whistling:

ok guys, finally.

Here is the fish that Sharon is making such a fuss over:

Posted Image

I found this guy and didnt put the jar down once, i even carried it around for the whole hour we were there just to prevent a mix up as the guy there asked me if i wanted him bagged (its a massive place with like 5 massive rooms, not an average aquarium, like a wholesaler i would call it)

Anyhow, more pics to come soon :P

Archived