Lucky Phil

sharkey

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

actually, my heart is broken about this - I just went to feed my fish and discovered this girl with her stomach exploded:

Posted Image

There were tiny wormy things near her body, and I wasn't sure if they were snail poos or worms. Anyway I dosed up the OHM black girl that is her tankmate on avitrol, and then I went crazy and dosed ALL my fish again for worms.

This is crap, I worm them all while in QT.

Anyway, I am raising her only spawn atm. I have now lost mother and father of the spawn (the father was the copper black DT that died a coule of weeks ago).

Hopefully the babies will have the same characteristics as she did.

I also have some turq metallics from the "silky MG" x turquoise spawn that are at jarring stage.

;)

:) ;):D;):D Just reading that brought tears to my eyes - I'm so sorry to hear that Lisa, she was such a beautiful girl. She even had what I consider to be the perfect female body. Hopefully her fry turn out to be beauties like their parents. :D Lisa, about the worm thingies, are you sure they weren't planaria or something? ;)

Oh bum bum bum! Rotten luck, Lilli, I'm so sorry. ;) Personally, I think you were right about the turquoise HM -- that looks like tail regrowth to me. I've observed in my own boys who've had tail damage right down to the secondary ray branches that they often grow back with what looks like extra branching.

Thanks for your sympathy guys. It's horrible to have lost 2 favourites within such a short timeframe. these "worms" were not flat like planaria, or on glass, they looked if anything like 1/2 cm long pieces of cotton. They seemed to react when I dripped Avitrol on them, but I wasn't sure if that was just because it broke the surface tension and that moved them involuntarily. They certainly didn't thrash around or anything.

Archived