Fish Friendly Label Remover needed

mumofthehoarde

I have been collecting up my "Berri Fruit Juice" bottles to add to my barracks I am building.

I have soaked the bottles over night and scraped off the labels. The problem is, apart from me being a complete anal retentive but that is another issue, the sticky gum residue left. Is there a way to get it off that wont contaminate the fish water once I start to use them? :confused:

Thanks

If you've got most of it off, you can use Melafix to get any residue off. It's essentially just eucalyptus oil and obviously perfectly aquarium safe.

I just dab it on some paper towel and rub it until the mark has gone.

Edited by Wild Nut

I am going to go with the leave it there. Which my husband fines hilarious as he knows things like that bug the hell out of me. But I really need to get this built as the kidlets (what we nicknamed kermadum's spawn we are raising) as starting to get restless. Their need over-rules my anal retentiviness... :blink:

• 1 year later...

I use a similer method to Jarrod I putt the bottles in realy hot water and then when they have taken up the heat I use eucalipt or tea tree oil. store jars upside down so they dont collect debrie ( but you already thought of that didnt you MOTH) LOL

Another word of advice for anal retentive dont drink coffe whilst doing this as you will just be more iratated LOL

Cheers

Les