Fishchick Aquatics Forum Defamation

Fishchick

Am hoping the girls will let this stay up for a while.

Have been down this path in the past. It is not pretty.

As before all accusations will prove to be false. I just hope people will see the light a little faster this time.

Here goes...

Ok, so several people have brought a thread to my attention.

Seems that with no consultation, warning, fact finding or comment, LFS has been removed from a forum and subject to numerous false allegations and defamatory slurs.

As it is not longer possible to question or defend such defamatory posts on that forum (convenient huh?) - here are the facts:

Fish Chick Aquatics in immediately suspended from the forum, along with BettaBettaB & Briztoon for there part in organising and orchestrating these problems for the forum.

This has something to do with a paypal account - we have no clue whatsoever to what it pertains to.

I have been watching Fish Chick Aquatics for along time as I have had multiple reports of illegal trading practices, including the sale of fish breed by Jodie's staff under the false pretences as being “Imported” which they where not.

None of my staff breed fish. As such, we have not purchased fish from staff members. Local bred fish are advertised as such in lists. On tanks it generally only says point of origin if this is outside of Australia.

As well as trying to use the mod staff to remove sellers that compete with there (sic) own product, One of the reason's Japes was removed from the forum.

Interesting how this is now the reason, rather than the original, llibelous accusation of embezzlement.

I have also been in contact with AQIS who have requested copies of all communications from the site that I am currently working to provide, there are suspicions of illegal importation of fish species through both Brisbane and Perth, and the rabbit hole runs very deep, thankfully I have a good relationship with the authorities and am keen to help stamp this sector of the hobby out.

All fish are brought into quarantine via an AQIS inspection at the Qantas holding bay. Every bag is inspected.

We do purchase non-schedule 6 fish from other private breeders and wholesalers in other states.

We don't import through Perth, nor purchase fish from anyone in that state.

"Keen to stamp this sector of the hobby out" - hypocrisy anyone?

If you have purchased anything from Fish Chick Aquatics in the past 24 months and feel that it may not be imported as you first suspected, or is an illegal fish to import, please forward your details and information to me to be passed on.

So essentially anyone with a grudge or axe to grind can spew forth false and defamatory accusations. Nice.

If you have any genuine questions or concerns, please email me.

If not, business as usual folks.

Best regards, someone

Hi someone,

Are these quotes from another forum? Sorry I'm just a little lost. I haven't seen comments or heard anything of this nature on this forum. Hope this blows over quickly.

Paul L

Ps. I'll take this opportunity to ask if you have any blue (especially dragon) HM girls. I emailed you last week, but sounds like you've had your hands full!

someone your services are greatly appreciated and you are completely ethical. I have purchased a number of wild Betta and Pelvicachromis species from someone and at a minimum they have exceeded all expectations. They are all fish which are allowable imports and which - except for someone's tireless work - had largely been lost to the Australian hobby and might permanently had been lost come September 2011.

Wish we knew which forum this was so that some supporters of someone can give their point of view

someone - Nil desperandum ignoramus (Dont let the bastards get you down). You have too many fans and supporters who know the truth

PLEASE DON'T ANYONE NAME THE OTHER FORUM.

My personal opinion is, rather than us all jumping to Jodi's defence on the other forum and providing them with traffic they would not otherwise have had, it would be better to simply disengage. Ignore them. Don't visit that forum any longer.

I can't believe this particular bit of history is repeating itself. The allegations extracted don't even seem to make any sense, but I am seeing them out of context, of course.

I don't know which forum the other one is and I second the suggestion that people not get involved as that often just adds fuel to the fire. I realise that this may not be possible for you Jodi, as it's your reputation and livelihood being damaged and you are entitled to defend yourself! But I wouldn't give it any energy in a public sphere. You're well versed in how to deal with such behaviour (unfortunately) so I'll defer to the advice you've been given in the past.

Honestly. If administrators want to go around banning people, why the 'name and shame' as well? I just don't see the need - as you will have noticed!

I just came across this somewhat topical quote:

Internet forums are like boils. If you leave them, they might ache for a while, but will eventually go away. Scratch them and you get covered in puss, they get infected, you get gangrene, next thing you know you're hacking off limbs to keep yourself alive.

Source: http://www.zgeek.com/content.php/1981-Lawyer-threatens-forum-with-Defamation-Lawsuit

Seconding and Thirding the sentiments of other commenters here.

We all know someone to be professional, passionate and dedicated to the sale of quality fish that we otherwise wouldn't have access to.

(: Please accept our thanks and support for the work you do someone.

I'm sorry you have to deal with these sorts of issues, but lots of people aren't half as clever as the fish they keep.

-Ness

hey someone, you've got my support also (for what it's worth) I recently received two beautiful pairs of candidi and if these are anything to go by, all I can say is KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK & SERVICE :applaud:

I know all the Aquarium shopkeepers in Sydney and heaps of aquarists here as well.

Much as we love bitching,I have only heard good things about you Darling.

BTW.......the Guppies you sent me are light years ahead of any previously in Australia and I have fry from 5 of the trios already....so happy.