My babies are growing

shadoh

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Sarah. They all seem to be loving the extra space. Heckle and Jeckle aren't jarred yet. They are really peaceful and cannot tell if they are male or female yet (still hoping they are 1 of each...) They are the 2 next to the rock at 3:32 in the video.

Thanks fishish, actually, looks like some of the runts are jealous and are looking for some jar solitude. I keep finding them in the jars with the "big kids." Looks like they are small enough to enter the holes I made in the bottles...

Cute! Heckle and Jeckle are my favourite out of this spawn (can you tell, I keep asking about them). :love:

Hopefully they will be male and female. Seems they will have no trouble spawning for you if that is the case.

Funny how they want what they don't have - runts wanting the solitude, and I'm sure the jarred would like that freedom.

How can you tell which are Heckle & Jeckle Shadoh? They look very similar to the other pastels there.. :confused:

Of coarse, you would tell - they are your spawn!

Nice! Can't believe how much Migaloo has sprouted since you jarred him. Mine are yet to show signs of accelerated growth, so you've got me jealous once again! However, I managed to get my hands on a two foot tank for free that I'm currently testing for leaks and will probably try something like you've done (seing as I've still got mine in the one foot spawn tank - oops) and hopefully they will start to grow again. Good work once again!

Thanks Paul. I've read somewhere that slow growing fry often turn out to be the showier ones :) I'm sure they'll sprout soon. I'm a little frustrated that I've only had 2 sprout (yeah, I know - poor me...) The other one (Megalo - thanks for the name) has gone to his new home already. My sister couldn't wait for him to grow up. Good luck with the new tank! Can't wait for some update pics in their new digs.

Edited by shadoh

I don't know if I am doing something right, or something wrong. Every time I have a spawn, I end up with one fry that grows twice as quickly than his siblings.

The dorsal-less fry has the most beautiful pattern on it's caudal. His missing dorsal doesn't seem to be any problem swimming about.

Off topic: Sarah, is your other dog on your profile pic a mini foxie?

I think you always get some fry who grow a lot faster than others, at least that is what I've read. Have to have another look at the video to see that pretty caudal pattern!

The dogs on my profile pictures are (left) a Jack Russell Terrier, but we think he is crossed with a Mini Foxie too. We are his forth owners, so really do not know much about his past. His name is Oscar. (Right) is my sweet Miley, who is a Cavoodle (Cavalier x Toy Poodle). She is completely mine.. and I love her. :love:

Thanks Sarah. Migs is a VT, in fact they all are. Eric, although a DT, is a VT, which is dominant over Pam's HMPK tail. They all have their Dads nice wide dorsal though :D

They are all carrying DT and PK, so will possibly see a few of those pop up in the next generation.

I love that marble too... Not getting my hopes up, as I saw what happened last time I got excited about a marble fish...