Hello from Tammy

Tammy

Hello to all, I have always been fascinated by bettas and always kept 1 or 2 striking (pet shop) males around the house. I have finally decided to get serious with these little darlings and try my hand at spawning. As I am such a beginner I am not that fussy in tail types or colours although I am particularly taken with opaques and CT or DT. I am looking for some well bred males and females in the Perth area that I could buy and also any advise or contacts would be very much appreciated. Thats all from me folks, thanks from Tammy :)

Hey Tammy! These fish are easy to spawn once you get the hang of it. Do be warned though, its ADDICTIVE! I only strted spawning mid last year... and i'm up to about my 6th successfuly hatched spawn (about my 13th successful spawn that ended in eggs, I just happen to attract eggeating males!) You should check out the CTs Lilli has. I don't know if anyone is shipping to Perth in the near future, but these fish would be ideal for you! opaque grizzled DT CTs :) WELCOME TO THE BOARDS!

Hi Tammy.. Glad to see you here! :) Unfortunately all of mine are a tad small still. There are getting to be a few breeders in Perth now which is fantastic to see! Most of the interstate breeders are able to send fish to WA & to cover shipping costs its a good idea to see if anyone else in Perth is interested in sharing the costs with you. I've done quite a few shared freight shippings and they have all worked out great! I think someone (someone-Leigh) sends other sorts of fish to Perth too, so another option would be to ask if she has any shipments coming up that some bettas could hitch a ride in too. Lisa

Hi Tammy.. Glad to see you here!  :notsure:

Unfortunately all of mine are a tad small still. There are getting to be a few breeders in Perth now which is fantastic to see! Most of the interstate breeders are able to send fish to WA & to cover shipping costs its a good idea to see if anyone else in Perth is interested in sharing the costs with you. I've done quite a few shared freight shippings and they have all worked out great! I think someone (someone-Leigh) sends other sorts of fish to Perth too, so another option would be to ask if she has any shipments coming up that some bettas could hitch a ride in too.

Lisa

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey Guys, Thanks to all of you for your very warm welcomes and advise. This is my first ever chat room experience not to mention talking to like-minded betta lovers... so cheers my new mates. I will be sure to check out the site every day if I can (oops! there goes my productivity at work!) I am reading every book and checking out every site I cn find so who knows... Maybe I might be able help you guys one day! Thanks again.. you are all great! Tam

Hi Tammy, Welcome to the site. Just replied to an email you sent us regarding fish to Perth. Just missed the last boat actually :notsure: But I'm sure more will go soon. But like has been mentioned sharing shipping is a good option. I'd try some of the Perth people first though. There are a few who already have great bettas. Pat.

Archived