feeding your bettas

divy

ok this topic is just because im interested to see how much and how many times a day you feed your bettas

ill start i feed my bettas twice a day once in the morning and once at night, i feed them a mixture of either freeze dried blood worms or betta pellets

per feeding ill give them each 3-4 pellets or 6-7 dried bloodworms

oh if any one wants to throw up some before feeding and after feeding pics go for it, i cant because after i feed them there bellys are still the same size so theres no point

I feed mine twice a day also , they get 5 or 6 pellets at most feeds except every second day I replace one feed with either frozen bloodworm or frozen brine shrimp and mine dont look any different after a feed to before so no need for a photo either..I have tried them on dried krill , dried tubifex and flake food but theyve shown no interest ..

I try to feed twice a day. Sometimes I only feed once. I think I probably overfeed. My bettas look very fat after being fed. I'm not very good at only putting 5 or 6 pellets in. One betta this morning ate about 15 pellets one after the other while I was watching. I thought he would burst. Every now and then a pellet would just fall out of his mouth. It wasn't spat out, it looked like he just couldn't fit any more in. Then he'd try again and keep trying until he managed to get it in his mouth. I've been monitoring ammonia levels in my beanie boxes and noticed that ammonia increases exponentially with the number of feedings. Not a good thing. This is what one of my fish looked like after feeding. Actually this was taken a couple of hours after feeding. He's still looking fat. I don't have a before photo. I'll try to remember to take one tomorrow.

I feed mine sporadically.. although at the moment since I have fry that need 2-3 feeds a day I'm being much more regular with the rest

I feed a mixture of different pellets (try to alternate) freeze dried bloodworms and freeze dried shrimp (occaisionally) and frozen brine shrimp and bloodworm (every so often as a treat)

My girls look really chunky after a feed (since I overfeed them to make sure everyone gets some!)

my boys look mostly the same... if it's pellets (usually Tim Addis grade 12) just a small pinch since the TA is more a crumb than pellet 5 or 6 bits in a pinch I'd say.... they might get fed once a day at the moment.

Ok, seeing as how my fat bellied babies probably started this. I better reply..lol

I feed everything twice a day... blood worms usually, dont like pellets unless they have been soaked in water for a day, I think they swell up in their bellies..

I sometimes crush pellets and freeze dried blood worms in a mortar and pestle..

Mine have a mushy pea once a week, and 24hour fast after that..sometimes mushy carrot..frozen brine shrimp every now and again...

The babies, (the ones I posted for an opinion on the sex of one) are nothing but greedy little devils.. and to make sure everyone gets some.. the greedy ones get more..hence the overfat bellies..

They are now separated, so that is their feast time gone..you should see the turn they are putting on now..you would think they were being starved!

Adults: I feed once a day if they are lucky, but realistically once every 2 days. I alternate live grindal worms, frozen blood worm, tim addis catfish pellets (as I am out of the killifish pellets), spirulina flakes and earthworm flakes.

I feed fry twice a day. Apart from some mystery fry in a wc bucket I never got around to emptying (suspect they are danios) I have no fry to worry about atm.

• 2 weeks later...

I feed all mine pellet's in the morning (the 2 community tanks get flakes and algae discs for the pleco's), the fry get frozen bbs defrosted in a 1.5L jug of water with some MW also added and spread through out the 4ft tank they are in. Everyone get's defrosted brine shrimp and blood worm at night, as well as the fry coz some of them are big enough now to eat it. Some aren't though but they still try....swim around shaking their heads with half a brine shrimp hanging out..it's really cute! Um here is a photo of my HM female after she's eaten...she's a real guts, even more so than the CT female next to her!

100_1218.jpg

Happy now there are more pics hehe. Sorry it's not focused better..she doesn't like staying still for photo's and the camera can't focus up that close

I mostly feed mine twice a day but sometimes only manage one feed. I think I overfeed though as like Bettarazzi I find it hard to stick to only a 5-6 pellets per feed...my boys act like I am starving them if I don't give them more than that.

mine get fed once a day (unless conditioning or male with fry). they get freeze dried bloodworms most often, but also frozen bloodworms and brineshrimps, and live blackworms once a week. they also get a mushy pea + 24 hour fast once a week. fry get 3-4 feeds a day. i don't measure the food, i just toss in a good pinchfull or as much as i think they need :lol:

this is my CT boy pre and post feeding. i should say that their tummies are MUCH larger when they get blackworms :lol:

100_7614.jpg

100_7617.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I usually feed once a day, and give them a little extra as a "snack" before bed. Sometimes I feed them half portions twice a day with no snack. I give them live BS as often as I can, usually about 3 times a week. I suspect I overfeed on the BS, I give them about 10-15 each. They're never noticably fatter after I feed them, though, so maybe it's okay.

Archived