No refund?

kitstyles

Lately I 've bid on a pair of betta from Indonesia and I won the bid.. unfortunately the the seller sent my fish to thailand and the transhipper from thailand sent my fish to USA.. Then I decided I don't want it anymore beacuse when the fish come will be like another month or something..and its my b'day present from my gf!!!!!!! and I want to get refund and the seller said they can't do this and its not their fault that the fish miss the shippment ....

... so I told them I don't want the 15$ transhipping fee from indo to thai and I just want the money back for the fish then he goes I will think about it lol.... afterall he ingored me for the rest of the day from yesterday till today in MSN messager.. I mean he is online all the time..What can I do now ? -.- I've got too much trouble buying stuff online lately.. I I lost a heating cord, some bbs, and many late parcel (1 month late!!!).... so could anyone tell me if they are allowed not to refund or ?

if they ship to the wrong spot then i'd say you are more than entitled to a refund, since they should have sent them straight to someone. if you went through aquabid, contact them and they'll get onto the breeder or at least should give you adivce on what you can do.

I think "I will think about it" doesn't sound terribly promising.

I'm not 100% on where it has gone wrong, but someone has stuffed up, and it seems very unlikely it is you. Either the seller has made a mistake, or the transshipper has made a mistake.

If the fish are being re-exported, he'll get the goods back and if he feels they are good enough for you to take at that age with that amount of travel miles on them, he should be happy to sell them to someone else. Given that he won't be out of pocket like he would be with a DOA as the goods will be returned, perhaps request a replacement pair instead of a refund?

Are you allowed to name the seller , so ausaqua members think twice before buying from him.....and what about the poor fish being sent all over the place....and your loss of money and the frustration.....I know I wouldnt buy from him ....please name them if you can.

At first he told me he can't do me any refund , and he say that's not his fault if the fish got sent to a wrong place by the transhipper...I assume he didn't lie to me that the fish had sent to USA as he had like 259/259 good feed back so I told him how about just get me refund for fish cost... and he told me that he gave away the fish to the USA transhipper therefore he can't do a fully refund.. but I think that's not my problem if he gave away the fish. Buying stuff online is pain in the ass!!!!! I dunno if I can post his name here but I would suggest people not to import fish from Indonesia beacuse the fish have to first send to thailand ->malaysia or singapore -> queensland ->Melbourne or wherever you live.. its better to order from thailand...

Yeah, don't name publicly please.

It sounds like a pretty lousy transaction IMO, not a good way to run a business and build good relationships. If he gave the fish away, that is hardly your fault. If it was a problem with the transshipper, then whoever pays the transshipper should have gotten in there and reclaimed the shipping costs from that business. I don't see why, when you had no control over the situation, you've been asked to take on the sales fees and the shipping fees when you get nothing out of it. They haven't even offered you fish to equal value/free shipping to make up for it?

Really bad service.

I think you should try to reverse the rest of your PayPal payment by raising a dispute with PayPal. It might take a while but I don't see that you have any more to lose. Unless of course you just want to draw a line under it which I can understand. I had an eBay transaction go wrong. Never received the goods. I raised a dispute with eBay and the seller tried to paint it as my fault. The item was sent via US post (non-trackable) and clearly lost by them. I didn't see why I should wear the entire cost but in the end I just dropped it. It wasn't worth further frustration for $30.

I don't see why, when you had no control over the situation, you've been asked to take on the sales fees and the shipping fees when you get nothing out of it. They haven't even offered you fish to equal value/free shipping to make up for it?

Really bad service.

He refused to give me back any money at start .. the shipping fee is for the indo seller to cover the cost to send the fish to the exporter in thailand.. and I think the seller might have to give some money to the exporter.. not too sure about it but as the fish already lost and I don't want it anymore beacuse the seller might just give me a crappy fish afterall...I've deal with some other thai breeder which they allowed people to refund anytime..

Gave this some more thought.

If you paid for a product, and did not receive it for WHATEVER reason except your own negligence (eg you gave the wrong address and the product was misdirected, didn't follow up the courier etc) then i think you should receive a FULL refund.

The seller should then chase up compensation from the freight company, transhipper etc whoever was at fault.

I recently sent a shipment of fish to the Atherton tablelands. AAE managed to lose the box. It ended up in Brisbane 54hrs after being sent (via Alice Springs apparently). The shop that was to receive this shipment pays nothing. I wear all the costs for the shipping and fish lost (not to mention 2 x 3hr round trips to the airport, 50 phone calls and a litre of mylanta!) I now contact AAE customer service and lodge a claim.

Take this up with aquabid and paypal. If you did not receive the fish, then you should not pay ANYTHING. DOA stock usually incur a second freight charge for a replacement fish. This is the luck of the draw - but at least the fish were sent!

CC your emails to the transhipper and the seller.

my thoughts - someone

Is it ok for anyone to ask Kitz who the betta seller was through PM? Just in case people want to protect themselves?

I'm sure the admins will correct me if I'm wrong but as I understand it, private messages are exactly that, private. Kitz is not allowed to publish the name of the seller in a post or topic but it's fine in a private message, email, MSN, telephone call etc. I for one am definitely going to find out who that seller is and will definitely not be buying anything from them. Kitz, I reckon if you send the seller the link to this topic they might reconsider their position even though you haven't publicly named them.

I'm now regretting being so soft when my eBay purchase didn't arrive.

we (AusAqua) cannot access anyone's private messages. they are just that - private. But the aaq rules apply to PMs also. I don't see how the forum members or admins can be liable if you put something in a PM we can't see, any more than iprimus can be liable if you put something in an email someone sends, but if you intend to give negative feedback about someone, I'd be more comfortable if you used email or messenger or something else not associated with aaq.

Archived