Hi all, its Collectively Cam....

Betta Collective

:thumbs: I am most excited to learn of this forum and to see the obvious dedication that has been poured into its developement. I have not been involved with the fish for very long but those who know me call me Overkill Cam. One day a friend buys me three Bettas (my first fish ever) the next thing I have imported dozens of fish, have multi chamber split level fish tanks and spawning tanks everywhere and built a quarantine station in my garage. Breeding these little monsters has been a betta/sweet experience!! Having imported somewhere in the vacinity of eighty pairs I had only succesfully bred half a dozen spawn. I was buying the extreme of the extreme and suspect that a lot of these guys were a little too in bred and have lost the reproductive instinct. I have changed the type of fish that I am buying and from my last shipment I have four spawn already and suspect a few more on the way. I am currently concentrating on developing three HM lines. Red, Blue and Green/Gold. I have some pretty neat HM BF spawn and a Giant HM and a huge White Platinum HM spawn that I am pretty chuffed with. It is early days still for the Betta Collective but I am confident that not before too long I will have some established world class Aussie bred bettas to be proud of and look forward to sharing this experience with other forward thinking enthusiasts of these wonderful fish.

Hi Cam, Welcome :( It's great to see familiar faces ;) Wow, I cannot believe you imported over 80 pairs :thumbs: No wonder you earned the title overkill came ;) Glad to hear you are having betta days with spawning. I would really like to see pictures of your setups and QT room!! and your Green/Gold bettas. Jess

Hello Cam, glad you called in. Thank you for your kind words about the forum :thumbs::( (from the technophobe on the team who did bugger all, LOL! ). if you produce a green gold line I know someone who'd jump at the chance to own one! Your overkill instinct reminds me of someone - oh, that's right - ME!

green and gold ..... no way. I've been trying to get a line of those myself. Would luv to see urs. I had only a small spawn when I started, and sadly they haven't really taken off. I got a red/gold boy and girl and then a green female and male, and a gold/green marble girl that was sooooo cute. but now the green male is just sitting there as he killed the only 2 suitable girls :(

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Cam Your story sounds very familiar, bought our first CT (green/gold BTW) at the Tsunami auctions January and now have over 50 fish and 4 spawns curently on the go (well 6 actually but 3 are in one tank see Disaster thread in Splendens area)- am SO glad to meet somebody even worse !! :P Your breeding sounds exciting- looking forward to the piccies (and sales of course) Cheers Deb (and Step)

Archived