Betta Barracks

BettaBred

Mouse, as Mishy says each compartment is seperated by glass and has acrylic dividers that l can remove a section of if l wish the fish to see each other. Water changes are done from a sump that holds 80litres.There is also a false back with another compartment the full width of the tank that has the inlet piping running along it that has the overflow return as well - hard to explain l will try and photograph. Water is heated in the sump, total litres is 480. UV Steriliser attached and filtration is done via a cannister filter that does 1000litres/hour, water conditions are excellant. Plants are mainly Anubias and Java Fern. Steve. :)

• 1 month later...

Correct filtration works on overflow and there is a false panel at the back made of acrylic with holes drilled in it for waterflow out and tubing running along the top with irrigation tapes that returns the water from a sump, see pic above it explains it best.

All filtration is done by a cannister filter that is connected to the sump, a UV Sterilizer is also attached. A seperate pump returns the water to the individual units.

All up the system holds nearly 500 litres.

In this pic you can see the sump, cannister filter and return pipes and pump which is a real kick butt pump as it has to pump to a height of over 2 metres! :)

Posted Image

Lambo, the width is 1500mm the overall height is 2metres. Each compartment is about 130mm wide(looking from the front) x 240mm height x 300mm in length holding about 6 litres each. Acrylic is siliconed to the glass dividers with a "window"that has a removable section so that the fish can get to see each other and flare. Cheers, Steve. :)

:balloons: :balloons: :balloons: That is one of, if not the best betta barracks I've seen. was it simple to set up? I've got a pretty dodgy set up, tiny compared to yours, and if I save up enough cash I could try and replicate something like that. Can you imagine walking into a fish store and seen a betta setup like that :balloons: :balloons:

Najoha a LFS here in Melb. built it, St Kilda Aquariums. The stand is powdercoated steel, this display is in a prominent position in my apartment so it had to look classy which is why l went to the extra expense with the stand which alone cost $600, this could be reduced a lot by going to a cheaper less fancy construction although it has to hold the weight which is 500kg, water weighs 1kg/litre so it must be strong. As for the overall cost l will PM you with details. Cheers, Steve. :blink:

Archived