Betta Barracks

BettaBred

I just visited the Penthouse Hilton. Very, very impressive! There are even tiny condos in the office and sunroom that put my barracks to shame. And Steve gave me three perfect females with perfect backgrounds to match my males. I am sooooOOooo set up now. Steve, you can have any decent fry I get out of these girls, oh... and driving away, I thought... (I was a bit distracted because it was getting late and school was out and it was trying to rain and the kids didn't have jackets, because they never listen to their mother, even tho she's the mean stooge who makes them walk a k and a half home every day because they need the exercise and I need the half hour)... where was I? Oh... I forgot to ask while I was there and I think you might have mentioned it, but if you want to sell the young blue marble male, I'll take him as well.

Well... it was difficult. My hands were hanging onto each other behind my back so they wouldn't get up to mischief. So many fish... so pretty. There were even some there that belonged to Mishy... and they were pretty too, and so many metallics... and a fry tanks of tiny, tiny fish... but I got some very pretty girls at a price that was a steal... does that count?

Thanks KillieOrCory, actualyl intend to put in some Killies, l had some on order but the male died and when l finally get over to see Deans setup then hopefully l can get started with them. Had not thought of guppies but l do like some of the strains coming on the market so just might try a couple. Bren, great meeting you today and l hope the girls settle in well,give me a couple of days and l will let you know about the marble boy. Cheers, Steve. :photo:

Bren, great meeting you today and l hope the girls settle in well,give me a couple of days and l will let you know about the marble boy.

Cheers, Steve. :blink:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No pressure. I just thought I heard he was one of the ones moving out to make room for other lines. Just keep me in mind if you're ever selling cts. :photo:

Steve, There are a few killies around that you'd be able to keep as pairs in that system. Also I keep my guppies as pairs or trios (1M2F) in small tanks so that I have full control over genetics of the next generation. I let them drop in the tank wait for fry to gain some strength for a week and then move them to their own tank with a lable. Works a charm. I might make your set-up photo as my wallpaper :blink: Counting the number of your tanks and thinking how much time I spend looking after 33 of my tanks :lookaround: I think I really need to get organised!!!

Serkan, What you do not see in the photo is that l have another two tanks setup identicle which gives me 50 individual compartments so it has to be very simple and easy to maintain! One is very heavily planted so l plan to keep the Killies in that one. I like your system of keeping guppies so l will keep an eye out for some show quality stock, might have to have a chat with someone. Cheers and thanks, Steve. :lookaround:

• 1 year later...

Archived