10 Things About Me

Guest Lady_Snake

Guest Lady_Snake

Well, i've given myself a goal here. I have to think of 10 interesting things about myself. 1. I live in Australia on the New South Wales Central Coast. 2. I have been keeping tropical fish for about 5 or 6 years. I currently have 3 tanks. 3. My nickname comes from the fact i have been handling Snakes, and other reptiles for 18 years although i am currently without a reptile pet. And, that i am female, although some may argue the Lady part of it. 4. I have successfully bred and raised Corydoras catfish, Bristlenose catfish, Siamese Fighting Fish and ofcourse my guppies. I have seen Angels and Kribs spawn but not successfully hatched eggs. 5. My 3 tanks are as follows. 18 inch tank; guppies only at the moment. My very first tank. 2ft tank; guppies, 2 Synodontis eupterus catfish, Tiger Barb, 2 Kuhlii Loach, algae eater, and i think thats it. I'm thinking of tearing this tank down and making it a softer water tank again, or either that rehome the catfish and increase the hardness and either go for live-bearers or small african cichlids. The 3rd tank is 2 1/2 foot and is my pride and joy. I try and keep this one as clean as possible so i don't end up chasing my tail with high levels of anything. Its a soft water tank with neon, rummy nose, silver tip and head and tail light tetras, a pair of kribs and some Blue Rams...and 7 Kuhlii loach. 6. Starting to think i should have broken that last point in to 3 seperate points to attain my 10 points about me. 7. I would dearly love to breed my fighters again. I like the whole courtship i saw with them last time. Got some great pics and video of it. It fascinated a beginning fishkeeper that i was back then. 8. I have a soft spot for cichlids. But due to space restrictions i can only keep the smaller species. 9. My friend Em, who i met through the Lush forum told me about this forum so thankyou Em. It's just another thing to spend my pay on. :blink: 10. I love my fish, i love to fish, i love photography and struggle to take a great fishy pic. I also love gardening both pottted and in-tank. phew......i made it. Glad to be here. Thanks for having me.

Guest Lady_Snake

I'd like to say i still "work" with reptiles. My regular job is much more mundane. I'm a car detailer. Infact for the first time since i was 15 i do not have a reptile at home, i content myself to play with others that friends own. When i did work with reptiles i did 3 years as a volunteer at the Australian Reptile Park, then 3 years with Australian Reptile Displays(?) I forget the name now, lol. I also did a few years with Wildlife Animal Rescue & Care, (Wildlife ARC.) Thanks for the welcomes and now i have this addy saved on my computer and not my mans i'll hopefully be able to visit more often. And if Don Burke was the "Lazy Gardener" then i am the same to fish keeping i must confess. I do like a challenge but i also like the tanks to run themselves also.

Archived