Newbee

crdave

Hi Everyone, I've only recently started keeping Bettas so at the moment I have five at home and two at work. The two at work are a red VT and a torquiose CT. At home I have all CT'S, two blue ones wth reddish fins, one really dark and the other royal blue. My others are an almost black with dark green another toquiose and a red. I'm located in South Oz in Mt. Barker. All my fish are in 7L - 10L tanks with glass heaters in them. It gets pretty cold as we are in the hills. Sometimes 4 or 5 degees at night. I also run the type of filters that sit on the edge of the tank. Any advice on my set up would be most appreciated. All my fish seem pretty happy in thier homes. Sometimes I can't believe how much character they have. Sorry for rambling just thought I'd introduce myself and my little buddies.

Yeah Mouse I kind of did get bitten. I think It's my first blue and red ones fault coz he's a real character. He gets so excited at feed time ,I reckon he even knows the sound when I tap his food dispenser thingo. All my tanks have small natural colour pebbles with a couple of lillies in each one. They are mostly Aqua one tanks with curved corners on the front and one has a curved front with a black back glass.

Psst.. Jess and Robbie... another South aussie to keep you guys company ;) Dave, it sounds fabulous. Just watch the plants. Are they plastic? If they are, you might just want to watch them to make sure they don't rip their fins on the plastic

Hi Dave, Welcome to AusAqua :drool: I am also from SA ;) What fish stores do you frequent? I am heading up to Oakbank/Hahndorf/Little Hampton way in a few weeks and might pop into Mt Barker if there is an good Aquariums :drool: Jess

Hi Everyone, My apologies in the delay getting back. Thanks for your replies and warm welcome to the forum and answer you all in this post hey. Mouse, Not sure what kind of Lillies I have but I will find out and let you know.Got them from the aquarium shop that I go to. Leema, G'day how's it goin. Pleased to meet you Jess, I go to the Fish Bowl and Pond on Shepards Hill Rd.The guys there are have been really helpfull, and it's onmy way home from work. I don't know of any shpos in Mt. Barker. Deb, Hi, Pleased to meet you thanks for the welcome. Najina and Pat, Hi to you guys too. It was through site that I found this forum so cheers for that

Archived