My Dragon!

Phil

Hey People! :)

I got my first dragon today. This is one that Klara found in one of her LFS'.

It is amazing how brilliant these dragon fish are in real life compared to the photos. I couldnt really do a photo that does this fish justice, so i will endeavour to find the instruction novel for my camera and find out about these things like 'shutter speed' and the like.

Anyhow, here is a quickie photo:

Posted Image

Cheers phil.

Thanks guys, and thanks to klara for getting him!! :)

I have found a red dragon female to go with him, but i have to wait till the next shipment with someone to get her, this picture was taken by bettaquality:

Posted Image

Ok Robbie and Mishy, it isnt bad :lol:, but not clear enough for my likeing!

Here is one i just took, i need to find my book so i know how to use this camera, such a small percentage come out that i would keep. :

Posted Image

GREAT PHOTO! :lol: Imagine what you could do if you had the handbook :lol: How do you get a betta to face off with the lens? My boy does but loses interest within milliseconds. Nice pair Phil, good luck with them :lol: Should see some very interesting fry from them :) Are all dragons metallic? I can see that the female probably is, I can't tell about the male from the pics tho.

Phil! That photo is AWESOME!! You have to load it onto the Gallery so it pops up when we get on the forum and DEFINATELY into a photo comp! The female is special too but your photo just knocked my socks off Cheers Deb

WOW great picks :poke: . He moved so fast I could never get a good one of him.

LOVE that flaring pic capures his personality really well :blink: he never gave Splash-Junior a break while I was fish sitting. You've done really well with him :poke: .

EDIT:

Metalic masked fish have a couple fancy names, monster, dragon, metalic gold red is sometimes called popcorn 'I think' or just plain masked.

In the end they are all metalic masked fish, it's just that this paticular metallic colouring makes the fish look like it's wearing armour. They are totally awesome in real life, photos don't really do them justice, plakats have the best variation that I have seen at this stage, you can get them in all sorts of colours now.

I really like the 'enhanced traditional' look to this betta, I would love to know who his mystery breeder is.

Anyone here supply to Pet's Paradise Burwood?

I have no interest whatsoever in genetics so dont really care what he is LOL - all i know is he is really nice :poke:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I love reading comments like that. It always takes me back to that feeling I got from my very first betta. I had no idea what he was or why and I really didn't care - he was perfect in my eyes.

I find that if i get to into stuff like genetics, i loose interest, i still remember my first betta - sorry for all the ones i have had since that i cant remember - theres been lots! :cheer:

Anyhow, i took 2 more photos, i love the way he lights up, these pics were taken with NO flash, this is just his colour under ordinary fluro lights :cheer:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Archived