New Setup

Phil

Hey Everyone,

Just thought that I would post some pics of my new setup!

I sold my 4ft planted tank and the angels :D and had enough to buy this lot :lol:

I basically have a set of hammerlock shelving (I spray painted the shelves black as the plain wood colour is UGLY!, and got 9, 12” aqua one cube tanks.

Each tank has its own air powered ‘Elite’ cartridge filter and will eventually have a heater.

I plan to sell my other tank or 2 and get a 3ft fluro reflector for each level so I can actually see the fish :lol:

I had a heap of luck and got some great specials on this – the weekend I went to buy the tanks, they were on sale (I didn’t know they would be) so they ended up being a heap cheaper, usually $36.95 and were on special for $29.99! < Doesn’t sound like much, but when you are buying 9 it adds up :D The filters all had different prices on them ranging from $4.50 to $9.95 so the girl charged me $4.50 ea for all 9 and then gave me a further 20% off my entire purchase!

Everything has come up as I was hoping, once I get the lights for it – I will be fully happy :D

Anyhow, just a few pics –

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Cheers Phil :lol:

That's absolutely the business, Phil! It looks brilliant :lol: I love the way the 12" cubes fit so neatly: terrific space for each of the fishies. Do you reckon you'll really need to go to 3ft reflectors? I installed plain 2ft batten fix fluoro fittings in my Hammerlok shelves. The fittings are bolted inside the front of the shelf supports, so they're concealed, and connected in series with an in-line switch. The lighting is more than adequate to see the fish properly with, although it wouldn't support planted tanks. It's an easy enough job to install them, and heaps cheaper than full-on aquarium lighting if you don't have to worry about high-light plants.

• 1 month later...

Phil you are going to get me in trouble!!! :) I actually have 3 hammerlock units like that with custom built tanks in it, but this looks great. I got two more hammer lock stands that haven't got tanks on them at the moment!!! Now I know exactly which tanks to get :thumbs: I am in trouble now :yes: The good news is, I can't buy anything for about 6 months anyhow :) Love the setup :)

1 see 2 of my new boys in there! Mr MG and Mr "Green with Emerald Dot". :thumbs: Phil, have you considered some aquarium backing for the tanks? They look awesome, esp with the blue walls, but the cords etc behind are just a bit distracting. Plain blue backing would just make them perfect. Have you put the lights in yet?

Archived