Daniel

Hi I’m Daniel, :) I live in south-west Sydney in Milperra, (it’s near Bankstown airport for all u Sydney siders), I haven’t had fish since childhood and they were all goldfish, in small tanks, which were fed too much and turned belly up ;) . I’ve already bought the tank; it came with gravel and a filter and de-chlorinator, it’s a 14L tank and should be perfect for the betta which I hope to purchase on the weekend. I found Aus Aqua, through yellowpages.com or something along those lines, through a fish store website or something, then I forgot to save as a favorite and had to re-search via Google, and of course I had forgotten the name, so anyway here I am and it is great to see you all. Through many different websites I’ve found many different ways of keeping a betta and I hope the best information can come from breeders and keepers alike, which reside in these communities, some websites really have it wrong the vase and the peace lily thing, I have already sifted through most of the topics and realize what ive got myself into, the allusive betta craze, for now I just want to see if I can raise a betta without killing it so at the moment I do not intend to breed, however in the future that may change. A little about myself, :) I go to school, this year I’m in year 12, yay, and I do my HSC this year (higher school certificate, the thing that gets you into universities for people outside of NSW) and I hope to do something in science/biology, I’ve been playing for about 6 years in a local field hockey team. Cheers, Daniel P.S i read somewhere about bettas not liking water having constant movement/disturbance?, so my filter may be a problem?

Hey Daniel ;) Great to meet you ;) I think a lot of us have gone on the goldfish trip :) Not so fun. Bettas are definately easier :) What type of filter is it? do you know? If you'd like, grab a picture of the setup and bung another post up and we can give the whole setup the once-over to make sure there are no potential hazards lurking :) Sounds like a good setup though :D

its a power filter.... i hope its ok... it just hangs on the back of the tank.. its alot like snowflakes, i think its the same tank actually however she said hers was a 10L and mines a 14L and i havent got a java fern or a heater yet, ill work out photobucket. thanks for your reply :yes:

Hi Daniel, you're just down Newbridge Road from me!! Nice to meet you :yes: Does the filter have a speed-control gizmo on top? A sponge over the filter inlet should stop your betta's tail getting sucked in too. You can get them at petbarn. Grab a heater while you're there too :) he'll thank you for it. Where are you thinking of getting your betta from?

Archived