Jinxed July

les

Is this month Jinxed or somthing? with every one lossing stock left right and centre. I know beware of the ides of march Julius but July is becoming just as notorius. I came home on Monday after a meeting to find my Blond endlers floating. I had fifty plus Endlers in that tank so I took out all the ones still moving and put them into new water and then two hours later fished out any dead ones and changed the water again I have six that have suvived and they are acting ok now none of the convulsive swimming that was going on before. so hears to starting again, chin up and into the frey

Cheers

Les

Les and everyone the reason for this is because July is the centre of winter and so you should get a lot of deaths if you aren't careful.

I have experienced it a few years now and found that most of my older fish dies at around this time.

Sad but unfortunately it's what happens from time to time..

With my previous experience as a kid, my dad had fish OLDER than me. You do get more attached the longer you have a pet and you mighten lose as many as I do now but when you did, it was horrible. :-(

Sorry about the blond endlers Les :(

More of the losses are about bad luck then temperature, I think. Like Busman's unfortunately jumped out, Chi's intake got clogged and two drowned and the newspaper with mine which I am still kicking myself for... It is jinxed!

Sorry to hear Les. The past few weeks, I've had it all - jumpers, drownings, popeye, and loss of form leading to starving (no matter what I do) most of my show fish are gone. I have a couple of breeders left that I'm hoping to replenish my stock with, but it is frustrating and upsetting.

I posted and logged this phenomena last year in my fishroom, but didn't think it would happen all over again. Next year I'm winding down my fishroom in March to only a couple of Bettas before I go overseas and I'm thinking I'll probably do the same here on in.

Wishing everyone all the best of luck between now and the warmer weather.

I was thinking, what a crappy week I've been having 2xHM drowned 1xcambo Giant (this guy was a real giant at 10cm) to internal bacteria issues and to top it off the very last of my display HM decides to pay a visit to his neighbor by jumping the barracks (little did he know there is a giant on the other side, needless to say he was beaten within a mm of his life(no fins or tail left what so ever)! but I guess it isn't just me huh? :confused: Just got some more fish of Jim today, hope there is no more incidents as it is really upsetting! Sorry to hear about all your losses guys...

Edited by Chi

Its not the time of year, as fish bump all year round its just there seems to be a lot off acidental deaths off late, this I will sertanly atribute to some form of essoteric force that needs to be realined. I recon a sacrafice is called for:devil: or is that those voices that made me eat Killi eggs:giggle::giggle: . I am sure things will improve shortly though. Ill burn joss sticks tomorow.

Cheers

Les

Maybe this is why my fry have mysteriously dropped dead. 100+ to 20 in no more than 5 days. Actually, I also lost a HM Girl I've had for over 12 months and never had an issue with to a sudden death with no external signs, and recently had my Marble HM male have a serious case of Popeye. He is still alive, but not sure how much life he has left in him now- he's been through a lot.

Weird. I'm sorry for everybodies losses! :alright:

I think it is Betta to have kept Betta and lost than never to have kept Betta at all.

@ Mighty Matt

You can keep the spiders Matt and Ill stick to Betta but I am sure you will be back.

@ Davo

I will agree with you Killi are tough but Betta can be just as tough. I still have wilds in some tanks with no heaters but they have been raised like that by my friend Lyndon so seem to be a lot tougher.

@ Lilly

sorry to hear about the fry and the girl. I am sure with the right treatment you will save your Marble boy. I recone you could get him a girl and call her Olive

@ Steph

Nervous! What ever for, sacrafice or fish loss?????

@ Chi

I was thinking one of the unruly nabourhood kids could go as a sacrafic as I am sure they arnt baptised so that shouldnt offend any faiths

@ Jarrod

Realy sorry to hear about the boy and girl going Jarrod. Do you still have a similer CTPK girl? and how is that line developing?

@ Ness

You will always be a winner in my books Ness

Cheers

Les

Wow, to add to the list I just checked on my 2 month old guppy babies and 12 of them were dead? What on earth?

Thanks Les :) Same for you. Olive, hahah- he doesn't know a girl when he see's one, one of those sooky boys that think it's too much effort to flare. His Popeye is gone, he's just got really poor co-ordination and a funny bent gill and all sorts of strange things, he looks like he's been through hell and back.

@Matt A Betta won't inflict a painful bite or sting that may possibly make you ill or even kill. I'd rather hunt a wild Betta than a funnel web.

@Les no such luck with CTPK lines. This male has bred once with his sibling sister and ate all the eggs. She died of a tumor before I could respawn. Bought a new CTPK female who died mysteriously last night in the spawn tank while in the chimney.

Sorry about all your losses everyone. I hope there aren't anymore in July... It's been really unlucky and sad for everyone :(

I haven't had anymore losses and I'm being extra careful with everything I do to ensure there aren't anymore!

I wish everyone the best of luck with July... Why is it my birthday month? Haha.