Hello from Bendigo, Vic

mandz

Hey all,

I am Amanda from Bendigo, Vic. New to Bettas, but have always admired them. I already have an addiction with 15 Bettas in the last month...

As I am new to all of this, just wondering if someone could help me out with exactly what fish I have?

My link

My link

My link

My link

My link

My link

My link

My link

I also have 6 beautiful bettas thanks to Brisbane Bettas :) And picked up a halfmoon male last weekend from Melbourne, but can't get a good photo of him.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Looking forward to learning all I can about these beautiful fish.

Hey Amanda, welcome to the forum! Hope you find it as friendly and informative as I do :)

It's hard to tell the type of betta from your photos without seeing them flaring, but I'll give it a go...

The first one looks like a metallic royal blue (hard to tell with flash) veiltail girl that is ready to breed (vertical stripes)

Second one is a cambodian butterfly crowntail boy

Third one looks like it could be an extended red cambodian crowntail boy

Hard to tell the fourth one from that angle, but possibly a marble veiltail boy

The fifth one is a nice multicolour veiltail boy

The sixth one looks to be a multicolour veiltail female

The seventh is a multicolour cambodian female - can't tell if she has ray extensions in her fins or not from the photo, I'm guessing veiltail

The last one is a stressed out (horizontal stripes) red veiltail girl...

PS - the copper pair weren't bred by us, but another forum member on here (Kermadum) - check out his fish, they are amazing :)

Welcome to the forum! Hope you enjoy your time here.

As for the fish that you have.. Pretty sure all of them are Betta splendens :lol:

Was typing the response for colouration, but got distracted and when returned shadoh already posted them for you. Then again, I was only right for half of them; the other 4, I didn't have a clue. Lucky shadoh saved the day :D

Thanks Jarrod :) Im sure as time passes I will know what each of my fishies are, well I hope so anyway.

The red female has her stripes and is full of eggs, in the breeding tank with multicolour veiltail male... there seems to be more activity since the IAL sank to the bottom overnight, thanks for those :)

Thanks kermadum for my gorgeous copper pair, I love them :)

And kertaz, thanks for the welcome, I hope to get some very valuable information from all you 'experts' LOL

Ok, so I have 2 breeding tanks set up (the other is 2 crowns), and am just organising a 3rd tank and my red crown has been blowing nests for the past week and a half.

What would happen if you bred a male crowntail with:

- veil tail?

- superdelta?

- dragon HMPK?

Hey Mandz,

Firstly, welcome to the forum - you have quite the stable there!

#3 looks like a rosetail Veiltail marble with dragon scaling (lulu)

#5 is lovely (as Jarrod said VT male)

Can't wait to see what you got from the Brissy boys - along with what you collected in Melb recently - was it at the fish fair?

Razzi had some stunners up for grabs.

Oh & I think Rhys is from Bendigo.... or near by, maybe?

(:

-Ness

Ok, so I have 2 breeding tanks set up (the other is 2 crowns), and am just organising a 3rd tank and my red crown has been blowing nests for the past week and a half.

What would happen if you bred a male crowntail with:

- veil tail?

- superdelta?

- dragon HMPK?

Hi Welcome!

You would get all the tailtypes except PK as longfin is dominate over shortfin but instead of crowntail you will get a combtail effect which is a small ammout of gap at the end of the tail.

I would pick the dragon female HMPK as she has the best finnage tho depending on the males you will get Delta, superdelta, and maybe HM. She wont produce any dragon offspring only metalics with wash depending on the colour of your crowntail male.

I've decided to try with the dragon, will see what happens.

Next Friday is no good as it is my little guys bday, but will try and get to one oneday.

Ness, I may have emailed you last night about fish on gumtree LOL