Themed Kids Tanks

paul

Hey guys....Just wanted to show a couple of themed tanks (wasn't sure of this should be in aquascaping or here but meh.. same, same, but different). I have nieces and nephews that have been asking for tanks/fish for a while and I was planning on giving these out as gifts. Have three sorted, but three more little kids to keep happy. Will need to buy more tanks. I got these great little tanks (20cm x 20cm) from Brad a few weeks back, and have planted and decorated them. I'm keen to get more plants in to get a real lush look to them, but didn't find anything worth paying for today. I know that it won't be to everyone's taste, but I thought the kids would love them. The tanks were just put together, so lotsa bubbles:

Dragons: sorry bout the flash

DSC01775.jpg

Fairies:

DSC01776.jpg

DSC01778.jpg

And Spidey:

DSC01773.jpg

Now to figure out if the fry I have are going to decide to be boys/girls!

Hey Paul, have you named the dragons? There is a thread on here somewhere where some sleep deprived guy came up with some real interesting ones... :P*lol*

You have some lucky nieces and nephews! The tanks look like something kids would love!

I hope so. There's a fair bit of effort and thought involved in this stuff. Just thinking if I should put in a penplaxx filter in each too???

The web. I'm pretty proud of that one. I made it out of aquarium safe silicone and painted it out onto baking paper, then peeled it off when dry. Not bad huh?

Hahaha these are fantastic Paul. I hope the nieces and nephews love them.

I know you have you're own fish to give away with them, but the spidey one made me think of my combtails... Black bodies with red tails (and some blue irid) I was absent mindedly thinking that if it were a line and I were to name and pursue it (which I'm not), I'd probably have gone with red back spider. :)

Good luck with your gifts!

• 4 weeks later...

Sadly the tanks sit at home as the fry from my spawn all ended up female and... Meh... having a solo tank for a female betta kinda doesn't make sense. I haven't tried to get another three tanks yet, but knowing me I'll do it... Later... Much later, and probably buy them a male betta each... Their choice of course to make up for the delay!

• 4 months later...

It's taken quite a while, but I am reviving this topic seeing as I finally got three more taks for the other three kids, and I'm pretty chuffed with the results. I went a little overboard, but I think these tanks look awesome. Not sure that these tanks are really "themed", but they each have a little something different (except the castle one... just a castle).

Castle (the oldest neice initially wanted a Harry Potter theme, but now doesn't like Harry Potter)

IMG_1843.jpg

Jewels (wasn't sure what else I could do with ths one, but I personally like the aquascape on this one)

IMG_1847.jpg

Ben 10 (I think I should've put a little more river sand substrate to brighten it up)

IMG_1845.jpg

and to think I was going to give my nephews just some males but man you have given me a great idea Ill get two tanks and while they stay in the school holidays get them to plan and decorate there tanks thanks Paul Ill let them know where I got the idea from as well

Cheers

Les

PS they always spend a week of there holidays with me its so great

They look great Paul, they will love them!

Funny thing is.. I had a dream last night about this thread, and it's tanks. There were new tank scapes, and pretty fish swimming in them.

... Oh gosh, I think I need to get away from this forum more!!!! .... nah...

Psychic Sarah... The see-er of all things visible and invisible! Now Sarah, tonight I'd like for you to dream something a little different... Just PM me with the answer. Can you dream up six random numbers between 1 and 40? :P

Thanks for the comments guys. Hope the tanks stay in good shape. My sister will probably need to learn a bit about tank maintenance pretty quickly.

MT Syndrome: I don't think she's hating on HP... she's 10, and the last I checked, she loved nick Jonas, then Justin bieber, and didn't like nick anymore, then didn't like Justin, but did like him, but didn't want to tell anyone!!!! :blink: so she might like Harry... Dunno!