Piccies

volvodriver

Just got some pics of my community tank that i thought i'd share. Enjoy.

My gorgeous bolivian boy, sadly had to put his partner down due to an internal parasite going too far

IMG_0876.jpg

My partner's rummy-nose, somehow she's got nearly 20 of the things in my tank lol.

IMG_0778.jpg

IMG_1196.jpg

New addition, 3 scarlet badis

IMG_1204.jpg

Got a few more, but of course limited.

Paul.

Never seen that last fish before......... beautiful. Where did you get them, are they rare, how big do they grow? How much? Rummy nose great fish. Will let you know if something not right with water quality before any test result...... Love these fish.

Will do a search myself for other fish. Sorry, great pics.

Edited by Busman

Busman, they go by the names scarlet badis or dario dario. They're so tiny but so gorgeous. someone only occasionally gets them and they seem to disappear very quickly so i had to snatch them up as quick as possible. Very timid little things but I really enjoy watching them explore the plants and weave their way through the HG.

Lol, it's an apple snail, and unfortunately i have had one decide i was a plant while i was doing some work in the tank once and climb on, not the most enjoyable feeling.

In the cat picture, is that the yellow thing the cat's paw is pointing at?

He tends to jump to attention if they ever fall from the top, i think that's what happened there.

Here's him trying to look innocent after tormenting the fish.

IMG_0175.jpg

lol, only about 10% are actually clear, most of them are red streaks. When i have patience i feed them a bit and they tend to settle down after they realise that they're not getting any more food. Also helps to monitor for a while and see where/when they tend to pause for a moment. The second one with one of them looking towards the camera was me putting my finger against the tank for a moment getting them interested and made them stop swimming so damn much for half a second.

Cheers for the comments.

Paul.